The Student Room Group

How to whiten your teeth??

Was wondering on how I can whiten my teeth. I got a good electric tooth brush, I brush my teeth twice a day and I stay away from consuming loads of sugar/chocolate. (Im fairly active). Its just that I was involved in an accident when I was young and it really disfigured my mouth/teeth so I really neglected it. Im regretting the actions I made rn tho.
I don't know the quantitative measure but I know that the eyeball is whiter than teeth (naturally).
(edited 2 years ago)
Ive started using charcoal toothpaste, works pretty well, worth a try and its natural
Best thing to do is get it done professionally at a dentist. Last time I checked it was like less than £200
Original post by Anonymous
Best thing to do is get it done professionally at a dentist. Last time I checked it was like less than £200

this is probably the most successful way of getting teeth whitened, but it's an investment as much as anything, it doesn't last forever and there are notable high-likelihood side effects so always do your research
Also good to remember to avoid certain things as some things stain teeth like Red Wine and coffee
I paid £299 for teeth whitening at my dentist and it barely made any difference, getting veneers in a year or two but not from the UK.
charcoal toothpaste is good
uhm
(edited 2 years ago)
Charcoals good
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Lshort17
Ive started using charcoal toothpaste, works pretty well, worth a try and its natural

What charcoal toothpaste did you use?
Original post by SimpleButYetMad
Charcoals good

Original post by SimpleButYetMad
uhm

lol I saw all of that
press edit then press delete
I got you lol
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 12

Just out of curiosity, why did you tag them? Are they known for having extremely white teeth or something :redface:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Qxi.xli
Just out of curiosity, why did you tag them? Are they known for having extremely white teeth or something :redface:

This person studies dentistry, and can provide adequate understanding in regards to OP’s question.
Reply 15
Original post by Qxi.xli

As far as I know, he/she studies Dentistry.
Sensodyne extra whitening toothpaste. Use 1 month you will noticeable difference. My teeth is naturally white but I drink tea a lot so it turned kind of yellowish. After using it for around 6 weeks now, its again whiteeee.

(I AM NOT GETTING PAID BY SENSODYNE)
Original post by Anonymous
What charcoal toothpaste did you use?

Some stuff i found in the mens bit in Primark. Theres probably loads of brands around, have a good look im sure therell be some
Unless you have fairly white teeth already these toothpastes and that aren’t going to do anything….best option is professional whitening or veneers.

These online whitening kits and toothpastes are not strong enough to whiten teeth, only professional whitening allows the use of stronger stuff that makes a significant change or if you want super white teeth you’ll need veneers, only if I could spend £3 on toothpaste and get white teeth 🤔 if you naturally have white teeth that have stained or something then yes maybe toothpastes will bring them back white but on every thread about whitening teeth all you see is oh pop online or to your local shop and buy toothpaste 🤣
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest