The Student Room Group

Can i watch a 15+ movie as a 14yo with 13yo friends?

Im 14 and i want to go to a vue cinema with my 13 year old friends to watch a 15+ movie (demon slayer) but will they id us? and if they do and find out we are not 15 what are they going to do if i booked the tickets online? thanks
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
I love demon slayer its veryyy good! But, to answer the question, I think y'all will be all right! I truly doubt they would Id you for that type of movie, and tbh I think they only id for rated R or 18+.
Reply 2
Original post by Mr. lonely
Im 14 and i want to go to a vue cinema with my 13 year old friends to watch a 15+ movie (demon slayer) but will they id us? and if they do and find out we are not 15 what are they going to do if i booked the tickets online? thanks

back in the day when i went cinema they used to sometimes ask us our date of birth and our age when we bought the tickets face to face.

online booking wasn't around then though...

I suspect that online booking is around now the people who take your tickets just before you go in may ask your age if you look young. i think lots of young people will be trying your "trick" and the cinema company will have realised this as they are not stupid.
Reply 3
thanks, do you think it would be better to buy the tickets when we go there? since its been out for a while i doubt it will be fully booked
Reply 4
thanks, do you think it would be better to buy the tickets when we go there? since its been out for a while i doubt it will be fully booked

i mean personally i would have bought them online just because I all ways do but I doubt that buying them in person would make a difference
If it's the odeon then no. I knew someone who went to the odeon to see film and they wouldn't let him in because he couldn't prove that he was 15
Reply 6

your best chance of success would probably be to do the online booking thing like you were planning, and pray they don't ask questions when you hand them your ticket upstairs....

why? because there's a bigger chance of the people selling tickets at the front desk asking questions than the people upstairs. and sometimes the people upstairs arn't even around and you can just walk into any viewing (me and my friend did that a lot and saw quite a few movies for free that way)

If you buy at the front desk you run the potential risk of both the people at the front desk, and the people upstairs asking questions, whereas if you online book, you've only got to talk to the people upstairs.
They will ID you and you might not get a refund when they don't let you in if you bought online. We got refused entrance when I took my daughter, who was the right age, to see a 15. Luckily we searched my phone and I had a photo of her passport.
Reply 8
Original post by ReadingMum
They will ID you and you might not get a refund when they don't let you in if you bought online. We got refused entrance when I took my daughter, who was the right age, to see a 15. Luckily we searched my phone and I had a photo of her passport.

you went there with your suitable aged daughter and they didn't take your word for it as the mother? :confused:

how old does your daughter look lol?
Reply 9

Isn't this a bit like saying that you're 17 and want to drink alcohol in a pub with 16 year old friends?
Reply 10
Original post by ANM775
you went there with your suitable aged daughter and they didn't take your word for it as the mother? :confused:

I saw a 42 year old woman asked for ID to buy alcohol. Her own children were older than the cashier !
Reply 11
Original post by ReadingMum

me and my friends got refused entry a few times for 15's when we were like 13/14 after buying our tickets..

one time we asked this random man to buy it. he bought it and gave it to us outside. we then tried going in and going upstairs but the staff at the door were suspcious and refunded our tickets..

another time we got severed at the front desk, but then some other guy who recognised us from times before we tried to get in ran over and told the guy not to let us in and refunded our tickets..

all in all though we got in much more times than we got refused.
we never had any trouble with refunds, but then again we bought in person, not online
Reply 12
Original post by meddad
I saw a 42 year old woman asked for ID to buy alcohol. Her own children were older than the cashier !

yeah some people are really ridiculous.

i'm in my 30s and some lady at poundland refused to sell me painkillers.
I point blank asked her if she actually thought i was younger than 16 (the legal age to buy them)

and she looked me dead in the eye with a serious expression on her face and said "I'm not being funny, but some 15 year olds do have facial hair" (making a reference to my facial hair)

In the end another cashier had to come over (who had served me many times before) and tell the woman it was ok to serve me.
I got asked for ID to get into a pub a couple of years back - I said they had made my day!
If you cant watch it at the cinema just watch it on a website
Pre covid times for horror films- saw It 2 and us- i was 15 and got asked for id. i dont look 15 so i knew it was coming but with online booking im unsure. if you look old enough then id say go for it but if its a horror( i dont know anime very well) then maybe not coz theyll id you. idk hope this helped. id say chance it coz vue isnt expensive so you dont lose much if u cant get in but im talking from a person who can lose like a tenner so idk how tight with money you are.

I got ID at 16 with 2 6’3 lads so yes you probably will Aha good luck let me know if you get in
Reply 17
At our cinema they ID us for a 15 rated movie
My almost-14-year-old son wants to see Demon Slayer at the cinema as well, with his 15 year old sister.
She's got I.D. but obviously he doesn't as he's not old enough for the film.

I just flat out said no. I'm not driving them half an hour to drop them off at the cinema just to risk them not getting in, and wasting my time and money.

We've ordered the dvd instead.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ANM775

imagine going to a bar with a parent and the bartender taking their word for it that they are 18?? it doesnt work lol- neither would it work for a 15 rated film- its the same licensing laws.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending