The Student Room Group

Advice if I study in England

i want to study architecture in Portsmouth and I want to know live and can I work online there and advice if I going to UK in general
Original post by ahmedosa
i want to study architecture in Portsmouth and I want to know live and can I work online there and advice if I going to UK in general

Hi!
It's great that you're considering the University of Portsmouth for your studies.
Lots of foreign students are currently at the University of Portsmouth and I can safely say that the integration between UK residents and foreign students is very good. There are lots of different accommodations that you can choose from so I would have a look at the University of Portsmouth website to see some of their student accommodation options.
https://www.port.ac.uk/student-life/accommodation
I would definitely suggest living in student accommodation for your first year as you'll get to meet lots of new people and make lots of friends that way.
Alternatively, there are privately rented flats in Portsmouth that you can find online on other websites such as rightmove.
In terms of studying, currently some of this is online and most likely will continue to be online in September; however, the majority of lessons are in person in the University of Portsmouth buildings. You may be able to find some remote employment if you are looking for a job whilst studying but this is research that you will have to look into when you move to Portsmouth.
Hope that helps, please let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help!
Michaela - UoP Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending