The Student Room Group

post 1st date: I (19F) REALLY like him (27M), what exactly should I text him?

So this is a guy I matched with on Hinge. He is 27. Im 20 in 2 months. Yes im aware of the age gap and that he probably just wants to sleep with me. I cant help it but im only attracted to older guys.So we decided on a date at a games bar at 8pm (was my idea). That was yesterday, we met up, super attractive guy, idk if he was equally attracted to me or just thought i was alright but anyways he paid for most drink rounds + for darts. We mainly played darts and i won the 3 games we played. Super fun! We had some conversations about how we see life and about our own mindset. he said he is surprised of the way i talk and see life considering my age and that he had only started thinking like that from age 23/25. (So i guess he finds me mature?). He also mentioned liking how independent i am already at age 19.After the bar, he ordered us a cab to his. We went to his, had sex then cuddled. So ****ing cozy. Best cuddle of my life. ****ing loved it. We woke up around 11am, he ordered us takeaway Thai food, we watched 2 movies, cuddled, smoked, cuddled. I took off at 3pm and we both admitted to having a gd time.So here's the thing:I dont wanna play games. Idk if he rly liked me or if it was more of a "im high and cuddling with you feels amazing right now" kind of connection. We had the same taste in movies and music tho and thats rare for me as i dont listen to super mainstream bands.Anyways its 10pm now and i wanna text him to let him know that i like him, had a gd time and wanna see him again (to cuddle at least). The thing is i dont wanna scare him off. But I also wanna know how he feels about this. I wanna know if he likes me. What should I text him?Ps. Also, about the age gap, turns out we have a common friend. Its a 21 year old girl who is dating a 40ish year old guy for a year now. I dont know them that well but turns out he is best friends with them. So i guess he is open about dating someone with big age gaps...
Reply 1
If he really is into you a text will not put him off.
it's not that big of an age gap I feel like if you like him then tell him. And there has to be something there is he said he had a good time. you got this. now i kinda wanna know where this goes
Original post by Anonymous
So this is a guy I matched with on Hinge. He is 27. Im 20 in 2 months. Yes im aware of the age gap and that he probably just wants to sleep with me. I cant help it but im only attracted to older guys.So we decided on a date at a games bar at 8pm (was my idea). That was yesterday, we met up, super attractive guy, idk if he was equally attracted to me or just thought i was alright but anyways he paid for most drink rounds + for darts. We mainly played darts and i won the 3 games we played. Super fun! We had some conversations about how we see life and about our own mindset. he said he is surprised of the way i talk and see life considering my age and that he had only started thinking like that from age 23/25. (So i guess he finds me mature?). He also mentioned liking how independent i am already at age 19.After the bar, we went to mine to grab some balloons (i have some laughing gas hahah) and then he ordered us a cab to his. We went to his, did some balloons, smoked some of his weed, had sex then cuddled. So ****ing cozy. Best cuddle of my life. ****ing loved it. We woke up around 11am, he ordered us takeaway Thai food, we watched 2 movies, cuddled, smoked, cuddled. I took off at 3pm and we both admitted to having a gd time.So here's the thing:I dont wanna play games. Idk if he rly liked me or if it was more of a "im high and cuddling with you feels amazing right now" kind of connection. We had the same taste in movies and music tho and thats rare for me as i dont listen to super mainstream bands.Anyways its 10pm now and i wanna text him to let him know that i like him, had a gd time and wanna see him again (to cuddle at least). The thing is i dont wanna scare him off. But I also wanna know how he feels about this. I wanna know if he likes me. What should I text him?Ps. Also, about the age gap, turns out we have a common friend. Its a 21 year old girl who is dating a 40ish year old guy for a year now. I dont know them that well but turns out he is best friends with them. So i guess he is open about dating someone with big age gaps...

Text him if you want to. Simply say you enjoyed your time together - nothing too heavy.

Since time immemorial, guys have loved being able to go out with younger women. It's a bit of a feather in his cap.

Get to know him as a friend as well, as personality is as much, if not more, important than an initial attraction. People on dating sites can be a bit tricky, though, so make sure he is not secretly attached or messaging several women. Just try to go on more dates, and in time you will find out whether it is for real.
Reply 4
Original post by Oxford Mum
Text him if you want to. Simply say you enjoyed your time together - nothing too heavy.

Since time immemorial, guys have loved being able to go out with younger women. It's a bit of a feather in his cap.

Get to know him as a friend as well, as personality is as much, if not more, important than an initial attraction. People on dating sites can be a bit tricky, though, so make sure he is not secretly attached or messaging several women. Just try to go on more dates, and in time you will find out whether it is for real.

Yeah I ended up texting him:
"Hey just wanna say thanks, i had a really good time!😁✌ was so cozy" and he just replied "very!😊". I liked his message and that was it (that was last night) so idk he didnt ask to meet again...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending