The Student Room Group

Student finance

My daughter has settled status in the uk through me but has not lived in the uk. She wants to come to the uk in Jan 2022 to live . Can she apply for student finance?
Original post by Glenn Potzas
My daughter has settled status in the uk through me but has not lived in the uk. She wants to come to the uk in Jan 2022 to live . Can she apply for student finance?

Hi Glenn,

In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi Glenn,

In order to determine your eligibility, please confirm:

1. Which university and course you are looking to start your studies with?
2. How old you are.
3. Your nationality, current status and time spent within the UK.
4. Any previous study and qualifications you may hold.

Thanks, Isaac

Hi Isaac
I’m enquiring for my daughter who gained settled status through me when she was 17. She is now18 . We have German passports . I have been here for 6 years but my daughter will be arriving next year to hopefully go to Loughborough university if she gets student finance
Hi Isaac
I’m enquiring for my daughter who gained settled status through me when she was 17. She is now18 . We have German passports . I have been here for 6 years but my daughter will be arriving next year to hopefully go to Loughborough university if she gets student finance

She will be able to apply for a tuition fee loan only based on this information as an eu applicant.

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/eu-students

Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
She will be able to apply for a tuition fee loan only based on this information as an eu applicant.

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/eu-students

Thanks, Isaac

Thanks Isaac was confused re the residing in the uk for 3 years or more or is me that has to lived here for over 3 years and she is a family member of me
Thanks Isaac was confused re the residing in the uk for 3 years or more or is me that has to lived here for over 3 years and she is a family member of me

Residing in the UK criteria is to apply for SFE home student funding. She doesn't meet this criteria but can still apply for the EU Tuition Fee Loan only.
Thanks, Isaac
Hi Isaac further to my previous questions. My daughter has been offered a place at Newcastle University. They have put her as a home fee student. Can she still apply for student finance. The 3 year resident requirement keeps coming up everywhere I look?
Hi Isaac further to my previous questions. My daughter has been offered a place at Newcastle University. They have put her as a home fee student. Can she still apply for student finance. The 3 year resident requirement keeps coming up everywhere I look?

I would expect all EU applicants with pre settled status to be awarded home fee status with the university. The university decide what they will charge the student, not ourselves - we just provide the finance.

Your daughter will only be eligible for the EU Tuition Fee Loan only from ourselves.

Thanks, Isaac
Isaac if she is arriving from South Africa in March will she be able to apply for tuition fees?
Isaac if she is arriving from South Africa in March will she be able to apply for tuition fees?

Hi, I've responded to your previous thread.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending