The Student Room Group

Crushing on a straight guy

I'm 19 and a gay guy and I have crushes on straight guys and it's so painful and makes me wish I wasn't gay. I currently have a massive crush on a guy in my seminar he looks really cute and I just want to be his boyfriend. I think about him a lot and I felt really jealous when I found out he has a girlfriend. I don't get many crushes but when I do they last ages and they have all been straight guys. I'm thinking about becoming his friend just so I can spend more time with him. How do I deal with this?
To be honest, it's less that he's straight and more that he's already romantically involved with someone.

I recommend not becoming his friend - it'd be torture! Try and write him off and find someone else to crush on. Keep trying. You'll discover you've been crushing on a guy who likes guys, eventually :smile:
Crushes come and go. Becoming his friend for that reason would be incredibly creepy and you would just make yourself feel worse. Distract yourself with other things.
Reply 3
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
To be honest, it's less that he's straight and more that he's already romantically involved with someone.

I recommend not becoming his friend - it'd be torture! Try and write him off and find someone else to crush on. Keep trying. You'll discover you've been crushing on a guy who likes guys, eventually :smile:

I find it hard to stop crushing on someone but I know I will move on to crushing on someone else. I've yet to have a crush on a guy who is also gay but yeah I hope I do eventually.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending