The Student Room Group

I have 6 A*s in alevel AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
What do you do now?

nothing. I'm not going to uni and I most likely won't.
popcorn preference? :holmes:
Unfortunately 40% of grades are rated as an A or A*, top grades meaning have been diluted to simply an above average grade. 3 years ago it would have been a real achievement. Nowadays I really don’t put any weight behind A-level attainment.

And for what it’s worth, id probably focus on what you want to achieve in the next 3-5 years not reminisce, in a couple years at the next set of doors the gate-holders will ask what have you done recently.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by mnot
Unfortunately in the 40% of grades are rated as an A or A*, top grades meaning have been diluted to simply an above average grade. 3 years ago it would have been a real achievement. Nowadays I really don’t put any weight behind A-level attainment.

And for what it’s worth, id probably focus on what you want to achieve in the next 3-5 years not reminisce, in a couple years at the next set of doors the gate-holders will ask what have you done recently.

I'm not going to uni, so it won't matter, my alevels are my only achievement.
Original post by Obolinda
popcorn preference? :holmes:

i don't like them.
Original post by psiguy
would you like a medal? x

yes
R u going to do an apprenticeship or something
And why don't u want to go to uni
And why don't u want to go to uni

I'd love to but I can't afford uni and my parents won't allow me to go, i'm not eligible for a scholarship because my parents are not poor. Even if i get a scholarship somehow, my parents still won't allow me.
R u going to do an apprenticeship or something

No, we don't have that here.
i don't like them.

:eek:
fair enough :tongue:
Have you considered finding something better to do?
flashcards, I memorised the textbook and CIE has thousands of past papers and I did almost all of them, the grade thresholds were also low.

You did "thousands" of past papers. Gosh, that must have taken a long time.
Original post by ROTL94
Have you considered finding something better to do?

i'm bored. i'll go now.
Original post by ageshallnot
You did "thousands" of past papers. Gosh, that must have taken a long time.

it's not impossible, i don't have social life or hobbies, so i spent most of my time revising. i'm not the only one, many people in my school also did that many past papers.
it's not impossible, i don't have social life or hobbies, so i spent most of my time revising. i'm not the only one, many people in my school also did that many past papers.

I certainly agree with your first point.
Is your intention to actually help people achieve A*s or to just show off.
Original post by HaruhiSuoh
Is your intention to actually help people achieve A*s or to just show off.

the latter, i made that clear too.
How many times have you gotten laid?
my igcse result sucks if that accounts for anything. I got A*s in chemistry, biology, A in english lit and history, B in english lang, D in physics and maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending