The Student Room Group

I have 6 A*s in alevel AMA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bronfenbrennerzy
What does 'ego sum iratus' mean?

idk, i didn't pick an languages. google says it means "i'm angry".
Original post by Anonymous
Aha, no, what I found typical about your post was that you implied that those subjects are much easier and people on TSR often look down on those doing 'softer' subjects, when in reality humanities can be just as challenging as sciences. They just test a different set of skills.

Oh you’ve completely misunderstood me. I asked about those subjects because history is my favourite subject…so I’m implying that unless it’s those subjects, I’m not interested. The clue is in my username :wink:
I should also note that I much prefer humanities subjects over the sciences.
(edited 2 years ago)
Aha, no, what I found typical about your post was that you implied that those subjects are much easier and people on TSR often look down on those doing 'softer' subjects, when in reality humanities can be just as challenging as sciences. They just test a different set of skills.

yeah, humanities are very challenging and i probably would've failed them. i like sciences because i don't have to write essays and i absolutely suck at writing essays. imo anyone can excel at science/maths if they try hard enough but humanities can be very challenging for some people.
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Oh you’ve completely misunderstood me. I asked about those subjects because history is my favourite subject…so I’m implying that unless it’s those subjects, I’m not interested. The clue is in my username :wink:

Oh, I see, haha! I am very glad you aren't another subject snob. You will have to forgive me, TSR sort of teaches you to see patterns and make hasty assumption. XD
Original post by Mesopotamian.

i love history too but i like modern history or most specifically anything about the cold war. we mostly learned about that in igcse and that was very interesting.
Oh, I see, haha! I am very glad you aren't another subject snob. You will have to forgive me, TSR sort of teaches you to see patterns and make hasty assumption. XD

i'm not a subject snob lmao, i like what i like and what i'm good at.

No worries, I can understand why you made that assumption. Unfortunately we can get a few of those “science or nothing” users from time to time. They usually have no idea what they’re talking about though, so it’s easy to ignore them :smile:
i'm not a subject snob lmao, i like what i like and what i'm good at.

They’re not accusing you of being a snob, the post was directed at me due to a misunderstanding. Don’t worry about it.
What are your future plans if you're not going to uni?
What are your future plans if you're not going to uni?

maybe die
If God is real, I pray that I get the same results as you. I am so dumb.
Original post by sSad!
If God is real, I pray that I get the same results as you. I am so dumb.

I'm also dumb lol, i worked my ass off, that's all. my igcse results sucks as well. don't pray because god is not real and god had no hand in my results, pray to the examiners if you are keen on praying.
extremely bored. i have nothing better to do.

You could get a job.
Original post by thrivingfrog
You could get a job.

with just alevels? that's impossible where i live.
I've watched enough youtube videos, so now they're all repetitive. I don't see any point in researching anything at this point and I don't play games.

Fair enough to the rest, but what do you mean by you’ve “watched enough youtube videos”? There are infinite out there, and if the people you’ve watched are making videos at a slow pace, maybe search for another youtuber you may enjoy? There are many out there. But if you simply don’t want to look for more, that’s fine :smile:
Reply 75
so?
Congrats and now go use Omegle or smth if you are that bored. idk where this conversation is supposed to lead to tbh
Congrats and now go use Omegle or smth if you are that bored. idk where this conversation is supposed to lead to tbh

I don't like omegle.
Reply 78
I don't like omegle.

Can you try and do all the A-Levels? I challenge you to sit an exam in every subject and get an A*. Be the first person to get 40 A*s. Just a thought, since you don't like anything else? There are over 40 different A-Level subjects.
Original post by Gidray
Can you try and do all the A-Levels? I challenge you to sit an exam in every subject and get an A*. Be the first person to get 40 A*s. Just a thought, since you don't like anything else? There are over 40 different A-Level subjects.

Will you pay for them?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending