The Student Room Group

My boyfriend is sharing food with his girl best friend

Recently i have found out that my boyfriend has been sharing food with his girl best friend, for example, he takes a bite out of a sandwich and his girl best friend takes a bit from the same place and vice versa. They also share a vape together when in class. I just think thats not hygienic and just not okay when he is in a relationship with me. He says I am taking it too personally and overthinking it. Is this normal? Am I overthinking it?
Original post by Anonymous
Recently i have found out that my boyfriend has been sharing food with his girl best friend, for example, he takes a bite out of a sandwich and his girl best friend takes a bit from the same place and vice versa. They also share a vape together when in class. I just think thats not hygienic and just not okay when he is in a relationship with me. He says I am taking it too personally and overthinking it. Is this normal? Am I overthinking it?

I don’t think your taking it personally. This isn’t normal and I don’t believe you are overthinking it. I believe your boyfriend is trying to make you feel jealous, left-out and insecure deliberately, purposely as well knowing and aware of how you feel because for example these are things and activities that you would associate a boyfriend and a girlfriend to do together being sat next to each other and taking a bite out of a sandwich 🥪. Or vaping together I know this because I exactly did this well the vape 💨 part anyway with my ex-girlfriend whilst we were together at the same time I would reaffirm and reseek assurance of loyalty as I see this as a red flag 🚩 I don’t think that it makes you insecure since you have the right especially to question him why he does this because you being his girlfriend and woman you are supposed to be his priority and not some other girl regarding levels of friendship because there could be something going on between the both of them but behind your back because surely she can take a bite out of a sandwich herself or surely she has or can get her own vape pen to vape why does she need your boyfriend or why does your boyfriend need to do it for her and why not you but loyalty was a key value that I followed regardless to treat my woman right anyways even though she cheated on me since she had boy friends who she had across social media who she viewed and opened their messages, replied and sent back responses to messages viewed pictures and videos sent by them and then exchanged pictures and videos whilst we were together.
Reply 2
are you worried about STIs passing on like mouth herpes?
It's normal for teenagers to behave in this fashion, but less common once you hit university level. I'd consider this behaviour a sign of being immature and not understanding where to draw boundaries; it's not necessarily about the girl.
(edited 2 years ago)
Everyone in this relationship sounds a bit immature.
Reply 5
Sharing food is quite flirty and particularly the same sandwich
Get rid of him! I’d feel the same way as you
Reply 7
It's just food and saliva. I think it's disgusting but if they don't care then not an issue.
Its normal to be not okay with it. I understand sharing food from the same plate, but a sandwich is quite flirty.
You should clearly convey that you are not okay with this.
Like @1582 said, this seems more like an issue with setting boundaries.

It's not exactly cheating but I wouldn't like it if my girlfriend was sharing the same sandwich with another guy either.
Original post by Anonymous

Unless something else is going on this is abit of overthinking, sharing food is pretty common i do it with my friends of any gender.
Teens? Yes. Adults? Mmm... bit of a push if I'm being honest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending