The Student Room Group

Friends didn't remember my birthday, lied about gifts, and went to a carnival

My birthday was on the 16th of February and I had told my friends that I would like them to come over for a party. They said that they would ask their parents and I was exited . 2 days till my birthday, no one called and they where already talking about the birthday of another friend. I waited till 6pm to see if anyone would show up but no one did. The cake I had was meant for a party so it sat on our countertop for a week with it slowly being eaten. They said that they had presents for me but its been over a week and none of them has given me anything and they're already talking about another girls birthday. To make it all even worse, they thought my birthday was the 18th and some even went to the carnival on my birthday. They never said sorry .Is it normal that im really sad still?
Original post by CandyCove
My birthday was on the 16th of February and I had told my friends that I would like them to come over for a party. They said that they would ask their parents and I was exited . 2 days till my birthday, no one called and they where already talking about the birthday of another friend. I waited till 6pm to see if anyone would show up but no one did. The cake I had was meant for a party so it sat on our countertop for a week with it slowly being eaten. They said that they had presents for me but its been over a week and none of them has given me anything and they're already talking about another girls birthday. To make it all even worse, they thought my birthday was the 18th and some even went to the carnival on my birthday. They never said sorry .Is it normal that im really sad still?

They ain’t your friends. It’s as simple as that. If they go this far just to not celebrate your bday then I would honestly just ditch them and join another group. And it’s totally fine to feel sad that your close friends did this to you. It’s a total betrayal. But that’s just my opinion. I hope things work out for you ❤️
im so sorry this happened to you :frown: id honestly advise looking for a new set of friends asap. also for their bdays dont give them gifts or go to any of their parties . hope you managed to have a nice day regardless x
I think we can all agree those aren't friends. Sorry.
Reply 4
I’ll be your new friend. Happy belated birthday 🎁
i know its a hard thing to do but you really need to cut them off and ditch them. Is there any other people in your school that you get on with and can see them as potential friends? If there is then i'd recommend slowly making your way to those people (or quickly but thats up to you). Maybe sit with those other people at lunch one day or even just walk to class and slowly transition over to them. It is hard but these friends you have are so bad for you and you need to get away. They are such bad friends and im horrified they would do that to you. I really hope this helped and you start to get better friends soon.

(this seems bad coming from me who is moving to a new school because of my friends but thats a dif sitiuation)
Sorry that happened to you! Get rid of them, you really don't need people like that in your life
Ditch them and find other friends. New friends who will actually care and love you. I've been in a similar situation and can say the best thing for your health is to leave that friendship group
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by TheYearNiner
Ditch them and find other friends. New friends who will actually care and love you. I've been in a similar situation and can say the best thing for your health is to leave that friendship group

very wise words from a year 9 kid :biggrin:

@ op
theyre not your friends, you will find a new group of lovely people but it's okay to feel lonely and sad now
Original post by CandyCove

I'm so sorry that this happened! It's very normal to be devastated and I would be very angry too. If I were you I would either confront them or ignore them completely. You deserve more than this.
Also, can I wish you a happy belated birthday and a new online friend from me too?
:hugs:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending