The Student Room Group

SFE Advice- Urgent

Hi,
I am currently applying for SFE for my intercalation year, this is taken between years 3 and 4 of medical school for us, on SFE, do I need to change the course to an intercalated course (because there is the option) and then when I go back to year 4 of medicine, switch the course option back to medicine and select year 4 for the 2023-2024 academic year?
I don't want to accidentally apply for fourth-year funding because even though it will be my fourth year of uni, it won't be the fourth year of medicine. On the medical course option, I can only choose year 4 (even though I'm not going into year 4 medicine yet) so I was wondering id I need to change the course to an intercalated degree option since there is a one year option for that.
I am aware this is probably a stupid question but I don't wanna accidentally put myself in for the NHS bursary a year earlier and then not get funding in my actual fourth and fifth years...
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
I am currently applying for SFE for my intercalation year, this is taken between years 3 and 4 of medical school for us, on SFE, do I need to change the course to an intercalated course (because there is the option) and then when I go back to year 4 of medicine, switch the course option back to medicine and select year 4 for the 2023-2024 academic year?
I don't want to accidentally apply for fourth-year funding because even though it will be my fourth year of uni, it won't be the fourth year of medicine. On the medical course option, I can only choose year 4 (even though I'm not going into year 4 medicine yet) so I was wondering id I need to change the course to an intercalated degree option since there is a one year option for that.
I am aware this is probably a stupid question but I don't wanna accidentally put myself in for the NHS bursary a year earlier and then not get funding in my actual fourth and fifth years...

Hi there,

Yes, you do apply separately for the intercalation course, and it shows on your account as a single year.

Thanks, Erin

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending