The Student Room Group

How to break bad news to someone you love??

My brothers and I were separated since we are kids. I recently reunited with them at a funeral. We exchanged numbers. My mother wants nothing to do with her children besides me. I have been talking to my brothers and they seem clueless to it all.. I want a relationship with them but they want a relationship with my mom also. It’s so awkward it’s like they mistake my kindness for my moms kindness when it’s just me. We are moving next to them this summer and my mom told me not to tell them I accidentally did and now they are happy.. please help?? Our dad just passed 2 years ago and I guess they are hungry and desperate for a parent.. please help????? Idk why my mom loves me so much but doesn’t want anything to do with them it’s digesting and weird my brothers are amazing
Reply 1
If it was me, I'd say to my if she wants nothing to do with her sons then I'd want nothing to do with her. How dare she reject her flesh and blood when they've done nothing to her. She's evil
Are these her children or your dad's children? That's what it sounds like. If so, it might have something to do with your dad. It could also be a divorce and custody thing. It doesn't make sense otherwise to not want anything to do with your own children when they're close by. Also, how old approximately are they? That could be a factor, as maybe something happened that you weren't aware of. If you're all older now, she could be resentful over a decision made when you were kids. I don't know the situation, but here are some ideas.
Original post by SagaciousSag
Are these her children or your dad's children? That's what it sounds like. If so, it might have something to do with your dad. It could also be a divorce and custody thing. It doesn't make sense otherwise to not want anything to do with your own children when they're close by. Also, how old approximately are they? That could be a factor, as maybe something happened that you weren't aware of. If you're all older now, she could be resentful over a decision made when you were kids. I don't know the situation, but here are some ideas.

It’s my dad kids that he took care of but she gave birth to them! My dad was a monster to my mom when they were together and she sees them in my dad even thou they are the nicest men ever! It’s not they fault for my dads actions! It’s her fault the fact that she choose to have them
Original post by fallsemester21
It’s my dad kids that he took care of but she gave birth to them! My dad was a monster to my mom when they were together and she sees them in my dad even thou they are the nicest men ever! It’s not they fault for my dads actions! It’s her fault the fact that she choose to have them

I think that because she's reminded of a bad time in her life through your brothers, she chooses to stay away from them. It is probably difficult for her to spend time with them and easier to blame them for what your dad has done to her, but I agree that it is terrible to do that to her own children. She might also think that your dad has influenced them to think lowly of her, which is fuelling her actions. Try talking to her to help her see how she's affecting you and your brothers. Especially because your dad is gone, she should take responsibility for you all. Maybe ask your brothers for their opinions on the situation and be some sort of messenger if she won't speak to them directly. I'm sorry you're dealing with this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending