The Student Room Group

Suppling Martial Status evidence

I need to provide evidence to Student Finance of my martial status for year 22/23, I’m long time separated. My eldest just literally finished her medicine degree, so I had the council tax single person discount. I have this years 22/23 bill. However I have just written to the council tax department to tell them my daughter has finished her degree, and that my youngest has turned 18, (this is the one who I now need to supply evidence for) what can I do?
Original post by HungryEyes
I need to provide evidence to Student Finance of my martial status for year 22/23, I’m long time separated. My eldest just literally finished her medicine degree, so I had the council tax single person discount. I have this years 22/23 bill. However I have just written to the council tax department to tell them my daughter has finished her degree, and that my youngest has turned 18, (this is the one who I now need to supply evidence for) what can I do?

Hi there, Do you no longer have the single person occupancy discount on your Council Tax Bill for 22/23? Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
I did send that to them, but it had a discount period ending on June date in it. They refused to accept that. They wanted a tenancy agreement, which I sent. They refused to accept that too, reason because it only has my name on it. My tenancy agreement for my flat is over 24 years old. Changing or adding names onto the tenancy agreement means a new contract with new rules and regulations, also means I loose some rights entitled to me. So I never had the tenancy agreement amended. SF refuse or accept this. The council have not replied to my email yet.
I sent in a statutory declaration which and again explained on the form why I can’t get a new tenancy. SF sent email again asking for council tax with single
Person discount. I feel like I’m going round and round in a circle.
I did send that to them, but it had a discount period ending on June date in it. They refused to accept that. They wanted a tenancy agreement, which I sent. They refused to accept that too, reason because it only has my name on it. My tenancy agreement for my flat is over 24 years old. Changing or adding names onto the tenancy agreement means a new contract with new rules and regulations, also means I loose some rights entitled to me. So I never had the tenancy agreement amended. SF refuse or accept this. The council have not replied to my email yet.
I sent in a statutory declaration which and again explained on the form why I can’t get a new tenancy. SF sent email again asking for council tax with single
Person discount. I feel like I’m going round and round in a circle.

Hi There,

I apologise for the problems you’ve been having. Just to clarify was the statutory declaration confirming your marital status drafted by a solicitor? If it was then we should be able to accept this instead of the other evidence you’ve provided.

Thanks, Erin N
Reply 4
When I made enquiries with the solicitors, I was told to download a template and compete it and then take it to him?

Would this not do?

Original post by SFE Erin N
Hi There,

I apologise for the problems you’ve been having. Just to clarify was the statutory declaration confirming your marital status drafted by a solicitor? If it was then we should be able to accept this instead of the other evidence you’ve provided.

Thanks, Erin N
When I made enquiries with the solicitors, I was told to download a template and compete it and then take it to him?

Would this not do?

Hi there,

Was this signed and stamped by your solicitor?

Thanks, Erin
Reply 6
Hi Erin yes it was signed and stamped by the solicitors. Can I send you a private Dm with our reference number?
Hi Erin yes it was signed and stamped by the solicitors. Can I send you a private Dm with our reference number?

We are unable to respond to DMs. If you contact us by using our live chat or secure messaging service in your student finance account we'll be able to further assist you. Sign in to message us: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending