The Student Room Group

Life Advice That You Wish You Knew Earlier

Lets all educate one another!

I would say to not rush things and let things be. Do not overcomplicate life and problems. Problems are a small part of life, think about the greater picture and appreciate the little things in life! For example, the fact that your mum wakes you up and makes you breakfast, or the fact you get clean water when the world is suffering with a humanity crisis.

Scroll to see replies

YES!
Leave things and people as they are! Don't try to fix everyone and everything, it is not your duty!
Hi there.

I'd say don't compare yourself with others. Instead focus on your personal development and journey in life.

Best wishes. :smile:

Original post by MissCarter786
Lets all educate one another!

I would say to not rush things and let things be. Do not overcomplicate life and problems. Problems are a small part of life, think about the greater picture and appreciate the little things in life! For example, the fact that your mum wakes you up and makes you breakfast, or the fact you get clean water when the world is suffering with a humanity crisis.
Be yourself- I was always trying to fit into different groups and changing up who I am for them. I realised there will be people out there who will like you for who you are
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

I'd say don't compare yourself with others. Instead focus on your personal development and journey in life.

Best wishes. :smile:

100%!!! Beautifully said! Any personal stories or experiences you would like to share?
Original post by username54
Be yourself- I was always trying to fit into different groups and changing up who I am for them. I realised there will be people out there who will like you for who you are

awwwww!!! I felt this!
I tend to keep myself to myself and lock myself out into a shell, not sure if this is a good/bad thing?
awwwww!!! I felt this!
I tend to keep myself to myself and lock myself out into a shell, not sure if this is a good/bad thing?

Comfort is a cage. Explore new things
100%!!! Beautifully said! Any personal stories or experiences you would like to share?

Thank you. :smile: More advice, sorry! I'd say believe in yourself and don't give up on your dreams/goals.

I had to do resits for medicine but ended up being successful in achieving my goal of getting into med school. Comparing myself to others, saying I wasn't smart enough to, didn't help with confidence so it's why I said believe in yourself.

Also great thread idea! Don't feel bad for keeping yourself to yourself if it's what you feel comfortable doing. :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Comfort is a cage. Explore new things

What sort of things :frown:

Original post by TriplexA
Thank you. :smile: More advice, sorry! I'd say believe in yourself and don't give up on your dreams/goals.

I had to do resits for medicine but ended up being successful in achieving my goal of getting into med school. Comparing myself to others, saying I wasn't smart enough to, didn't help with confidence so it's why I said believe in yourself.

Also great thread idea! Don't feel bad for keeping yourself to yourself if it's what you feel comfortable doing. :smile:

I've come to a conclusion that people/humans are a bunch of drama.
Therefore, I will not be focusing on people hahah! Only the few people I have in my life.
Karma. I deserve most things that's happened to me.
I've come to a conclusion that people/humans are a bunch of drama.
Therefore, I will not be focusing on people hahah! Only the few people I have in my life.

What are you interested in?
What are you interested in?

I am learning Arabic tbh!
I am interested in Accounting/Finance/Economics and learning about how to deal with life/people/personalities. I think therefore I like learning more about Psychology and other peoples behaviours.
I am learning Arabic tbh!
I am interested in Accounting/Finance/Economics and learning about how to deal with life/people/personalities. I think therefore I like learning more about Psychology and other peoples behaviours.

That's very interesting. There's nothing wrong with keeping yourself to yourself as well! I wish i was more like you in fact
Vocational qualifications have more currency on the jobs market in the majority of cases than non vocational degrees, this includes law degrees when the degree holder decides they don't want to do law as a career and is exploring other avenues of employment. May as well be walking around with 'overqualified' tattooed on my forehead. Don't know why it should matter when I need money to pay rent and buy food.
1) Always trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you.

2) You can make excuses or you can make progress. Your choice.

3) Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

4) The key to being happy is knowing that you have the power to choose what to accept and what to let go.

5) Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.

6) Life is too short to waste valuable time and emotion on those that don't deserve any of either.

7) Karma remembers everyone and all karmic overdrafts will be repaid in full, the only question is when.

8) Don't waste precious time on powerful destructive and corrosive emotions like envy, hate or rage- they can easily turn into obsessions that will ruin your mindset & take over your life.

9) There are too many people who imagine that there is something sophisticated about always believing the best of those who hate their country and the worst of those who defend it.

10) The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Original post by Master0fReality
Vocational qualifications have more currency on the jobs market in the majority of cases than non vocational degrees, this includes law degrees when the degree holder decides they don't want to do law as a career and is exploring other avenues of employment. May as well be walking around with 'overqualified' tattooed on my forehead. Don't know why it should matter when I need money to pay rent and buy food.

You don't even need to do law as degree to become a lawyer. In fact, it is better (subjective) to just do a degree that you love even more and then do a law conversion.
Original post by londonmyst
1) Always trust your gut instinct and listen to what your common sense is telling you.

4) The key to being happy is knowing that you have the power to choose what to accept and what to let go.

6) Life is too short to waste valuable time and emotion on those that don't deserve any of either.

7) Karma remembers everyone and all karmic overdrafts will be repaid in full, the only question is when.

8) Don't waste precious time on powerful destructive and corrosive emotions like envy, hate or rage- they can easily turn into obsessions that will ruin your mindset & take over your life.

9) There are too many people who imagine that there is something sophisticated about always believing the best of those who hate their country and the worst of those who defend it.

10) The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Developing emotional intelligence is probably one thing I wish I could've developed more
Original post by ll ACR ll
You don't even need to do law as degree to become a lawyer. In fact, it is better (subjective) to just do a degree that you love even more and then do a law conversion.

Wish someone told me that 3 years ago tbh, would have chosen a different degree to dedicate my life to for 3 years, that I probably would have enjoyed substantially more.
Original post by londonmyst

This is amazing piece of advice! I will be taking note of this! Is this from your personal experience?
:smile:
This is amazing piece of advice! I will be taking note of this! Is this from your personal experience? :smile:

Yes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending