The Student Room Group

Student Finance Issue.

On my application for student finance, it states "you have actions to complete in reference to uploading supporting evidence". However, when I go into the page to upload the evidence it says "approved" despite me never uploading the files required. Is this just a technical issue?
Original post by Quetus
On my application for student finance, it states "you have actions to complete in reference to uploading supporting evidence". However, when I go into the page to upload the evidence it says "approved" despite me never uploading the files required. Is this just a technical issue?

Hi there,

Can you confirm the evidence it's asking you for? Is this for the 23/24 application?

Thanks,
Claire
Yes of course. There were two things I needed to upload. First, my mother's divorce papers and finally evidence regarding earned interest on my savings account. I have successfully uploaded the divorce papers and my application has been approved. I contacted SFE by phone and asked what to do as my account type was not listed in the options of files to upload. I was told to upload my bank statement and a letter explaining my case. When I went to do this I found the website already said approved and I cannot edit anything.
This is for 23/24. I begin at Durham in September.
Original post by Quetus
Yes of course. There were two things I needed to upload. First, my mother's divorce papers and finally evidence regarding earned interest on my savings account. I have successfully uploaded the divorce papers and my application has been approved. I contacted SFE by phone and asked what to do as my account type was not listed in the options of files to upload. I was told to upload my bank statement and a letter explaining my case. When I went to do this I found the website already said approved and I cannot edit anything.

Have you been approved for the higher finance? You should still be able to upload evidence at any time. This link shows you how here https://youtu.be/rOMx_EG5JWk

Thanks,
Claire
My payments have been approved, yes. I have received a letter for higher finance tuition and maintenance payments. My issue is the website will not allow me to upload my final supporting evidence (interest on savings).
Original post by Quetus
My payments have been approved, yes. I have received a letter for higher finance tuition and maintenance payments. My issue is the website will not allow me to upload my final supporting evidence (interest on savings).

Is it below £100?

Thanks,
Claire
It is only valid for 1 year but it will come to around £430.
However, it was stated on the application form to include all sources of unearned income.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Quetus
It is only valid for 1 year but it will come to around £430.

If the evidence upload isn't working and you have tried this on a laptop/pc and using google chrome, then you will need to post the evidence to us. Include a cover letter when you send it with your name, customer reference number and short explanation why you're sending it.

The address is:

Student Finance England
Po Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Thanks,
Claire
I will try all devices and browsers first and if that does not work I will post it to you. Thanks for your help.
Original post by Quetus
I will try all devices and browsers first and if that does not work I will post it to you. Thanks for your help.

You're welcome! Have a nice day!
Thanks,
Claire
Hi I've mailed student finance England my bank statement with the standing order of the monthly interest as well as a letter explaining the situation. There has been no update yet, it has been a few weeks. As you can see on the attached files, the application has been approved however there are actions I need to complete but I am unable to upload any files.
Should I contact them or does mailing them something take a while to sort out?
Original post by Quetus
Hi I've mailed student finance England my bank statement with the standing order of the monthly interest as well as a letter explaining the situation. There has been no update yet, it has been a few weeks. As you can see on the attached files, the application has been approved however there are actions I need to complete but I am unable to upload any files.
Should I contact them or does mailing them something take a while to sort out?

Hi there, what date did you send the evidence? Was it sent standard post or with a tracking number? Thanks, Karen
Hi there thanks for your responce. I didn't know if anyone would respond to this old thread so I made a new one. This matter is apparently resolved and all required evidence has been received. I contacted SFE on their website via the chat function. Thanks.
Original post by Caeso
Hi there thanks for your responce. I didn't know if anyone would respond to this old thread so I made a new one. This matter is apparently resolved and all required evidence has been received. I contacted SFE on their website via the chat function. Thanks.

I'm glad you managed to get it sorted. If there is anything else we can help with in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending