The Student Room Group

Why do I still feel lonely even though I chat with some girls on Instagram?

I am a 22 year old guy who never had a girlfriend before, never been kissed. I use dating apps but hardly get matches. I chat with some girls on Instagram who were in the same college as me and are 19-22 age range. Most of them lose interest in chatting and ends up ghosting me and at the moment I only chat with 3 girls. One of them is 20, another is 19 and another is 21 but only the 20 year old chats regularly with me. She is very sweet and we send each other virtual hugs and she makes me blush. We were in the same school but now in different colleges in the same city and I was in love with her too but 2 weeks ago she said she was in a relationship but I am confused because she is still flirty with me and calls me cute and sends hugs too so was she lying? We also talk about meeting up one day for real and hug for real too. But I still feel so lonely maybe because its all just chats and still not going on a date with her or any girl and virtual hug isn't like a real hug obviously. I still feel FOMO seeing Instagram stories of some of my followers enjoying with girls and hanging out whereas I don't even have a social life. I am 22 and it sucks that I am completely inexperienced in love and people experience at much younger age compared to me.
Maybe look for new girls who don’t know anything about ur past and start fresh and let go of the old girls from college? Have a go at dating sites again but honestly life is not all about love and dating just live in the moment and do stuff u enjoy w ur guy friends maybe plan an affordable holiday xx
i think you should stop talking to her, and the other 2 girls i think you dont find them meaningful. dont chase after girls in the hope for love especially if theyre not recipricating. talk to girls in the hope for a meaningful relationship and not get to worried about how other people maybe progressing in the love scene quicker than you, life moves at different paces than others. dont worry youre still young. try going out more try make the advice from the guy above.
Original post by JJ <3
Maybe look for new girls who don’t know anything about ur past and start fresh and let go of the old girls from college? Have a go at dating sites again but honestly life is not all about love and dating just live in the moment and do stuff u enjoy w ur guy friends maybe plan an affordable holiday xx

Actually they were in the same school as me in high school. By mistake I wrote same college and I am not able to edit it. But yeah they happened to be in the same school as me in high school days. I am still in college and will graduate in mid 2023 and then study MBA
Original post by Anonymous
I am a 22 year old guy who never had a girlfriend before, never been kissed. I use dating apps but hardly get matches. I chat with some girls on Instagram who were in the same college as me and are 19-22 age range. Most of them lose interest in chatting and ends up ghosting me and at the moment I only chat with 3 girls. One of them is 20, another is 19 and another is 21 but only the 20 year old chats regularly with me. She is very sweet and we send each other virtual hugs and she makes me blush. We were in the same school but now in different colleges in the same city and I was in love with her too but 2 weeks ago she said she was in a relationship but I am confused because she is still flirty with me and calls me cute and sends hugs too so was she lying? We also talk about meeting up one day for real and hug for real too. But I still feel so lonely maybe because its all just chats and still not going on a date with her or any girl and virtual hug isn't like a real hug obviously. I still feel FOMO seeing Instagram stories of some of my followers enjoying with girls and hanging out whereas I don't even have a social life. I am 22 and it sucks that I am completely inexperienced in love and people experience at much younger age compared to me.

Edit: by mistake I wrote they were in the same college as me. They were actually in the same school as me in high school days. I am still in college and will graduate in mid 2023 and then study MBA.
You feel lonely because these aren’t real relationships. They’re ephemeral online flirting which can end at a moment’s notice as you’ve found.

You’re using online socials as a safe way to engage with people, but you need to form real world connections with people (not just romantic ones).
Arrange to hang out with people in person rather than communicating through Instagram.
Original post by 1582
Arrange to hang out with people in person rather than communicating through Instagram.

It's not that easy especially in this age of social media and internet. I am 22 which is Gen Z and most Gen Z girls have too much unrealistic expectations. I don't even get matches on dating apps. I am too introvert and don't even have a social life. It's also too risky to approach girls in person because who knows if she calls the cops and falsely accuse me of harassment. I hardly even have friends who can support me.
Gen Z girls have too much unrealistic expectations. I don't even get matches on dating apps. I am too introvert and don't even have a social life. It's also too risky to approach girls in person because who knows if she calls the cops and falsely accuse me of harassment. I hardly even have friends who can support me.

Your attitude to dating is bad. You claim their standards are too high but admit you have 0 social life or skills yourself...
It's not that easy especially in this age of social media and internet. I am 22 which is Gen Z and most Gen Z girls have too much unrealistic expectations. I don't even get matches on dating apps. I am too introvert and don't even have a social life. It's also too risky to approach girls in person because who knows if she calls the cops and falsely accuse me of harassment. I hardly even have friends who can support me.

If you are lonely and want to fix that then you need to learn to push past the introverted instincts. When I was single I went out on dates multiple nights a week and the majority of those dates occurred because I asked women on Tinder if they fancied going for a pint and getting to know each other in person instead of talking over an app. Try putting yourself out there and making bolder moves instead of having this defeatist attitude.
Original post by 1582
If you are lonely and want to fix that then you need to learn to push past the introverted instincts. When I was single I went out on dates multiple nights a week and the majority of those dates occurred because I asked women on Tinder if they fancied going for a pint and getting to know each other in person instead of talking over an app. Try putting yourself out there and making bolder moves instead of having this defeatist attitude.

At least you got matches on tinder. I am not even getting matches on dating apps. I got 3 matches on Hinge dating app recently. One of them is 19 whom I asked out for a coffee but she unmatched me, another is 22 who completely ghosted me and another is 18 almost 19 and her replies were only 1-3 words and she eventually unmatched me. There isn't any asking out because I pretty much get no matches and even if I get one, I get ghosted. Girls ghost me all the time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending