The Student Room Group

a small part of my face suddenly wont grow hair

I used to grow facial hair all across my face , but one day i decided to shave and then a small part of my face suddenly wont grow anything But everywhere else is growing, leading to very strange facial hair.

My friends said my moustache looks like "reverse hitler", because the bald part is under the nose.

Is this something i should be worried about?
Shaving doesn't change the rate at which hair grows - you won't have damaged your lip or anything, though the filtrum (the valley just below your nostrils) often doesn't grow the fastest. Different parts of your face might grow at different speeds; you might just want to carefully trim the faster areas as it grows back in to make sure it still looks even.
Original post by HucktheForde
I used to grow facial hair all across my face , but one day i decided to shave and then a small part of my face suddenly wont grow anything But everywhere else is growing, leading to very strange facial hair.

My friends said my moustache looks like "reverse hitler", because the bald part is under the nose.

Is this something i should be worried about?

It's not uncommon for men to experience patchy or uneven facial hair growth, especially after shaving. It's possible that the hair follicles in the affected area were damaged or disrupted by the shaving process, leading to the bald spot. However, if you are concerned about the sudden change in your facial hair growth, you may want to consult with a dermatologist to rule out any underlying medical conditions or to explore possible treatment options. In most cases, though, patchy facial hair growth is not a cause for concern and can be managed with simple grooming techniques or a change in shaving habits.
Original post by Anonymous
It's not uncommon for men to experience patchy or uneven facial hair growth, especially after shaving. It's possible that the hair follicles in the affected area were damaged or disrupted by the shaving process, leading to the bald spot. However, if you are concerned about the sudden change in your facial hair growth, you may want to consult with a dermatologist to rule out any underlying medical conditions or to explore possible treatment options. In most cases, though, patchy facial hair growth is not a cause for concern and can be managed with simple grooming techniques or a change in shaving habits.

will the hair follicles grow back? :eek:
Burns can stop hair growing. I have a burn on my neck about 20p size which won't grow.
Original post by HucktheForde
will the hair follicles grow back? :eek:

It's possible for the hair follicles to grow back in alopecia barbae, but this can vary from person to person. In some cases, the hair may grow back on its own without any treatment, while in other cases, medical intervention may be necessary to promote hair regrowth.

The treatment options for alopecia barbae include topical or oral medications, such as corticosteroids, minoxidil, or immunomodulatory drugs, which can help to stimulate hair growth by reducing inflammation and promoting blood flow to the affected area. In some cases, hair transplant surgery may also be an option to restore hair growth in the beard area.

It's important to note that treatment results can vary, and it may take several months to see any improvement in hair growth. It's best to consult with a dermatologist or a healthcare provider to determine the most appropriate treatment plan for your individual situation.
I think this randomly happens sometimes, I have a tiny patch under my chin that no longer grows stubble. I don't think your hair will come back.

Quick Reply

Latest