The Student Room Group

I regret breaking up with me ex

I broke up with my ex maybe a year ago and I regret it.

I recently found his Snapchat user and we started talking and I realized how much I miss him.

What do I do?

Scroll to see replies

What was the reason you broke-up?
Original post by 1582
What was the reason you broke-up?

He cheated I never thought I would want him back but look at me now🤦*♀️
Original post by Anonymous
He cheated I never thought I would want him back but look at me now🤦*♀️

💀 Move on
💀 Move on

Listen, Yes he cheated on me but there are reasons behind this.
Unless you were not in a relationship at the time, they cheated on you. I agree with the above, move on.
Original post by Admit-One
Unless you were not in a relationship at the time, they cheated on you. I agree with the above, move on.

I'm sorry what do you mean? "If we're not in a relationship at the time, they cheated on you" If we are dating and his seeing other girls and going on dates with other girls then thats cheating. And that's what he did
I'm sorry what do you mean? "If we're not in a relationship at the time, they cheated on you" If we are dating and his seeing other girls and going on dates with other girls then thats cheating. And that's what he did

You sounded as if you were about to explain away his behaviour above. My point was that if you were in a relationship when he did whatever, that is cheating regardless. You’ve now clarified that he dated multiple people whilst with you. Surely you don’t need much evidence that it’s a bit of a non-starter?

Can you define dating? Had you agreed to be exclusive as BF/GF?
I’d say you’re better off waiting to find someone deserving of your time and affection.. I’m a guy and I’ve never cheated on a partner in my entire life, but I’ve been pals with lots of guys over the years who have.. and in my observations it’s taken the majority of them to reach their late twenties or early thirties to grow out of this behaviour.. obviously don’t tar all guys with the same brush but if he’s done it once to you before.. and with multiple people at that then there’s always a possibility he’ll do it again and maybe you’ll be a bit deeper In with him both emotionally and financially next time… I’d say it’s not worth the risk of the possible heartache
Original post by Admit-One
You sounded as if you were about to explain away his behaviour above. My point was that if you were in a relationship when he did whatever, that is cheating regardless. You’ve now clarified that he dated multiple people whilst with you. Surely you don’t need much evidence that it’s a bit of a non-starter?

Before you did not claim that so if sorry if I missed understanding. My bad. but you didn't say that before it sounded like you were saying something else. And second I'm not explaining for him. But anyways thx for the advice
Original post by Biggz1984
I’d say you’re better off waiting to find someone deserving of your time and affection.. I’m a guy and I’ve never cheated on a partner in my entire life, but I’ve been pals with lots of guys over the years who have.. and in my observations it’s taken the majority of them to reach their late twenties or early thirties to grow out of this behaviour.. obviously don’t tar all guys with the same brush but if he’s done it once to you before.. and with multiple people at that then there’s always a possibility he’ll do it again and maybe you’ll be a bit deeper In with him both emotionally and financially next time… I’d say it’s not worth the risk of the possible heartache

Your right, I appreciate the advice.
You’re right, I appreciate the advice.

Not a problem, it’s always good to consult opinions from people who aren’t attached to your situation in any way whatsoever.. you can mostly rely on receiving honest and unbiased advice this way
Not a problem, it’s always good to consult opinions from people who aren’t attached to your situation in any way whatsoever.. you can mostly rely on receiving honest and unbiased advice this way

Plus, at 39 years old, I reckon I’ve seen and done basically any situation that most of you guys will find yourselves in… I’m actually really enjoying giving big bro advice to lots of you in this forum
Plus, at 39 years old, I reckon I’ve seen and done basically any situation that most of you guys will find yourselves in… I’m actually really enjoying giving big bro advice to lots of you in this forum

And… I’m a late bloomer regarding the education aspect of this place… I grew up on a very rough council estate in Sheffield and I’m only just now getting my **** together 😂😂😂😜🤘🏼
And… I’m a late bloomer regarding the education aspect of this place… I grew up on a very rough council estate in Sheffield and I’m only just now getting my **** together 😂😂😂😜🤘🏼

If you’re at all interested in the reasonings behind me being more assertive than most regarding scum bag lads behaviour then pm me and I’ll go into more detail, it involves the woman who is now my wife whom I’ve known since primary school and her vile excuse of an ex boyfriend… I’d rather not post details publicly on here because I like this place and I don’t wanna get banned lolol
Reply 16
I broke up with my ex maybe a year ago and I regret it.

I recently found his Snapchat user and we started talking and I realized how much I miss him.

What do I do?

Same tbh
If you’re at all interested in the reasonings behind me being more assertive than most regarding scum bag lads behaviour then pm me and I’ll go into more detail, it involves the woman who is now my wife whom I’ve known since primary school and her vile excuse of an ex boyfriend… I’d rather not post details publicly on here because I like this place and I don’t wanna get banned lolol

Lol, I understand, I will Pm you later!

Absolutely not. If he cheated, he doesn't respect you. He will keep doing it. I know the good times are good, and when it's good it's perfect, but it's not honest. it's not true. Don't get back with him

Why go back to a cheater

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending