The Student Room Group

Maintenance Loan lower than it should have been

So when applying for my maintenance loan for first year, one of my parents worked out their income themselves whereas this year they used the figures on official documents (P60), and my loan has significantly gone up (over 2k), so Im guessing she worked it out wrong for it to go up that much from first to second year, cost of living hasnt had quite that much impact! So Im thinking that I would have been eligible for a higher loan this year (1st), just made a costly mistake. Is there any way I could dispute this so late in the year? Is it worth it? I could do with the financial boost to be honest, I have worked extremely hard budgeting wise this year and struggled massively because of my loan.
Original post by BethSch
So when applying for my maintenance loan for first year, one of my parents worked out their income themselves whereas this year they used the figures on official documents (P60), and my loan has significantly gone up (over 2k), so Im guessing she worked it out wrong for it to go up that much from first to second year, cost of living hasnt had quite that much impact! So Im thinking that I would have been eligible for a higher loan this year (1st), just made a costly mistake. Is there any way I could dispute this so late in the year? Is it worth it? I could do with the financial boost to be honest, I have worked extremely hard budgeting wise this year and struggled massively because of my loan.

Hi Beth,

Is your first year the 22/23 current academic year? If so, and your parents believe they made a mistake they can submit a new PFF2 form and also their P60 for the 20/21 tax year for us to review this.

Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Beth,

Is your first year the 22/23 current academic year? If so, and your parents believe they made a mistake they can submit a new PFF2 form and also their P60 for the 20/21 tax year for us to review this.

Thanks, Jason

Thank you, where exactly is this submitted? On my student finance application its only for 23/24 year
Also yes my first year is 22/23 current academic year.
Thanks for your help
Original post by BethSch
Thank you, where exactly is this submitted? On my student finance application its only for 23/24 year
Also yes my first year is 22/23 current academic year.
Thanks for your help

Hi Beth, If you have the upload function on your online account it can be uploaded there or returned via post. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending