The Student Room Group

He wants me to meet his friends & family already

So the guy I'm seeing wants me to meet his friends and brother at the weekend, basically it sounds like a triple date.

But it's so early on I'm not sure how comfortable I feel about it. We've not even defined the 'relationship' or anything yet I just feel like he's moving a bit too quickly. He said it's up to me, no pressure but it's proper stressing me out.
Best thing to do is tell the guy straight… but also you need to be completely clear with him on how you view the relationship in its current status.. sounds like he’s taking it as a bit more of a permanent thing than you are… which in your case isn’t a bad thing if it’s only really early days
Original post by Biggz1984
Best thing to do is tell the guy straight… but also you need to be completely clear with him on how you view the relationship in its current status.. sounds like he’s taking it as a bit more of a permanent thing than you are… which in your case isn’t a bad thing if it’s only really early days

Don't get me wrong I do like the guy and hopefully see it being more permanent, I just think he's moving a bit too quickly. I don't know if it's cos he's a bit older & all his friends are settled down/getting married/having kids so maybe he feels the need to move things along quicker?
Honesty is the best policy.
How long have you been seeing each other? Was there a friendship prior to that?
Original post by 1582
How long have you been seeing each other? Was there a friendship prior to that?

We've been chatting for over a month but only actually seen each other for a couple of weeks. No we didn't really know each other before. Just seems like a lot too quickly.
Original post by Anonymous
We've been chatting for over a month but only actually seen each other for a couple of weeks. No we didn't really know each other before. Just seems like a lot too quickly.

When I was at this stage in my current relationship, my girlfriend and I were meeting each others friends - so I personally wouldn't think it is too fast. He's likely viewing this as a chance to see how you would fit into his life if you were to become his partner.

If you're not comfortable with the idea though then by all means decline the invite.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by 1582
When I was at this stage in my current relationship, my girlfriend and I were meeting each others friends - so I personally wouldn't think it is too fast. He's likely viewing this as a chance to see how you would fit into his life if you were to become his partner.

If you're not comfortable with the idea though then by all means decline the invite.

Fair enough, it's nice for someone to be so interested in integrating me into their life for once. But I'm just not used to that so I think I may have to decline the invite this time.
Original post by Anonymous
Don't get me wrong I do like the guy and hopefully see it being more permanent, I just think he's moving a bit too quickly. I don't know if it's cos he's a bit older & all his friends are settled down/getting married/having kids so maybe he feels the need to move things along quicker?

Honestly, best thing is to be perfectly clear but in a nice way from the start, but make sure to reassure him that it doesn’t take away any feelings you have for him cos he could very well see it as you not taking the relationship very serious at all.. good luck
Original post by Biggz1984
Honestly, best thing is to be perfectly clear but in a nice way from the start, but make sure to reassure him that it doesn’t take away any feelings you have for him cos he could very well see it as you not taking the relationship very serious at all.. good luck

I’d take it as a compliment.. he probably wants to show you off because he thinks he’s got an awesome girlfriend
I say this because I was exactly the same at age 19 with the girl who is now my wife and mother to our 2 young lads 20 years later ha ha, honestly couldn’t believe she’d given me the time of day cos I viewed her as being way out of my league lolol… in fact I still do 😍😍😍
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending