The Student Room Group

Some friendship advice needed

Okay so I sorta broke apart with two of my closest friends recently. So before that, I had a friend group of 5, me included. We got split up to two classes, with me and two friends in one and those two friends in another. Although some connections were much stronger than others, we were all still one friend group, and had group chats and stuff.

I'm gonna assign letters to each of them so that it isn't so confusing xD
Friend in the other class 1 : A
Friend in the other class 2 : B
Friend in my class 1: C
Friend in my class 2 : D

So long story short, to not get confusing, C fought over whatsapp with A and since A is besties with B, C is no longer friends with A or B. D is the twin of A and close with B though. So recently, I fought with A too, and I didn't say a single mean thing but she called me many rude things, which is understandable cuz she just wanted a break and I kept on texting, and she was probably annoyed. Then, I somehow annoyed B too by asking her about me and her relationship, and probably cuz I just kept on trying to explain and stuff, when she didn't care about what I thought and was annoyed. I don't think any of them sees me as a friend anymore, not even a distant one. I don't really see them as a friend either.

However, it would've all ended there if it were normal friendships I guess, and I wouldn't have texted B so much if it weren't that our parents are close parent friends part of a parent friend group of 4, who love to organise stuff between me and her and two other boys. I've already let my mom know, she was actually understanding and cool with it, as fights happen and relationships do break. So I've pretty much gotten over it.

However, I need advice on this one thing... me and B are still attending a lesson together (just me and her and the teacher), and the lesson isn't really helping me since she's well below my skill, so the teacher is usually only teaching her. I think I should cancel it, but it also seems like I'm cutting the final and last weak string of our already broken relationship. Any advice?

She's a really good friend in general, and literally, exactly one month ago, our group of 5 literally had a group playdate, and although you probably would clearly see that some of our connections were stronger, we were still one friend group. I'm also wondering if I should still go to the parent organised playdates if she's going xD

I'm sorry that this was so long, but thanks so much for actually bothering to read my stupid complex friendship problems LOL. If there's anything at all that was unclear and I may need to clarify, please tell me. It would mean a lot if you could tell me what you think (especially if you've had similar experiences!), and give some advice if possible. Thanks and have a good day!
Okay, I think I managed to get my head around that one, and first of all, that sounds really sucky so I'm sorry you're going through that.

When it comes to the class; it's not helping you and is made worse by the difficult friendship situation. You have to prioritize yourself here and not a friendship where you don't quite know where you stand. Besides, any real friend would understand that going to a lesson that isn't helping you is not a lesson worth going to.

The playdates are really up to you, don't just think about you and her, think about if you actually want to go or not. If you want to go then you should go, don't let someone define your life for fear their feelings are going to get hurt.

I hope that helped :smile:
Original post by geekyginge
Okay, I think I managed to get my head around that one, and first of all, that sounds really sucky so I'm sorry you're going through that.

When it comes to the class; it's not helping you and is made worse by the difficult friendship situation. You have to prioritize yourself here and not a friendship where you don't quite know where you stand. Besides, any real friend would understand that going to a lesson that isn't helping you is not a lesson worth going to.

The playdates are really up to you, don't just think about you and her, think about if you actually want to go or not. If you want to go then you should go, don't let someone define your life for fear their feelings are going to get hurt.

I hope that helped :smile:

Thanks so much for bothering to read my post and answering xD (my post is so long-)
I've cancelled the lesson :smile:
It's just that it was quite a surprise, as me and B were still pretty close and she'd actually voluntaraly come over to me in group gatherings to talk, just about 2 weeks ago, after A's fight with C. Then, when we were exchanging messages later, she said that she didn't want to hang out for a long time and it has nothing to do with A, even though we never fought between that time I mentioned just now and her sending that message. Like her attitude just completely changed after my fight, so I think she just follows her bestie too much. She was even super annoyed when C came over to her lunch table after C and A's fight and went to another table xD, even though during the group playdate I mentioned earlier, she was still good friends with C. I guess I'll just watch her move next, since there's actually no reason to dislike me a lot since I didn't do anything bad to her. I'll just see if we can get along again in the playdates, that'll be great. Won't be interacting with her during school so she won't feel like I'm something she is alr used to and bored of during the playdates, but something for a change ig.

Thanks so much for answering! Just thought I'd give you an update on what I'll do next. Your answer really helped, since you actually bothered to understand my situation. Thanks and have a good day! :smile:
I'm really glad to hear that and I hope it all works out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending