The Student Room Group

Change Maintance loan amount

Hello, my Daughter has moved to the uk last year from Spain (uk national) and is Starting a degree in Portsmouth this September.

She has applied for a full maintence loan, but as we are going to help her she would like to change the amount requested to the minimum amount. Is this possible as she sent the application 2 days ago?
This is also better for us, as showing our income is difficult as we live in Spain and our taxes for 2022 are not done untll June 2023 and also there is a logon problem for us as parents.
I understand that if she applies for lower amount we dont need to prove our income and log onto the system, is this correct.
Thank you in advance for any help
Original post by Steviepb
Hello, my Daughter has moved to the uk last year from Spain (uk national) and is Starting a degree in Portsmouth this September.

She has applied for a full maintence loan, but as we are going to help her she would like to change the amount requested to the minimum amount. Is this possible as she sent the application 2 days ago?
This is also better for us, as showing our income is difficult as we live in Spain and our taxes for 2022 are not done untll June 2023 and also there is a logon problem for us as parents.
I understand that if she applies for lower amount we dont need to prove our income and log onto the system, is this correct.
Thank you in advance for any help

Hi Stevie,

Yes, she can change the amount to the minimum. Did she submit this online or post the application?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Hello Claire

Thank you very much for your reply, she applied online

Regards Stephen

Original post by Claire SFE
Hi Stevie,

Yes, she can change the amount to the minimum. Did she submit this online or post the application?

Thanks,
Claire
Original post by Steviepb
Hello Claire

Thank you very much for your reply, she applied online

Regards Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for confirming. The student will need to start a live chat on their account, so that an adviser can refer the application over to our assessors to reassess the application based on the non income assessed Maintenance Loan only.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending