The Student Room Group

Working whilst studying

Does working affect the amount of maintenance loan you can get? I am going to be studying full time for a three year undergraduate course and will apply for full loan package. I live with my husband so think I will have to provide his pay details to see what I’m entitled to but will anything I earn once I start studying affect the amount of loan I get too even if it’s as hoc work?

I am studying a 3 year undergraduate Speech and Language Therapy Course starting this year so would be looking to apply for the NHS Learning Support Fund also.

Thanks for any help
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by AK2023
Does working affect the amount of maintenance loan you can get? I am going to be studying full time for a three year undergraduate course and will apply for full loan package. I live with my husband so think I will have to provide his pay details to see what I’m entitled to but will anything I earn once I start studying affect the amount of loan I get too even if it’s as hoc work?

I am studying a 3 year undergraduate Speech and Language Therapy Course starting this year so would be looking to apply for the NHS Learning Support Fund also.

Thanks for any help

Hi there, we don't take a students earned income into consideration when assessing the funding they are entitled to receive. If you are married it would be your husband's income that is taken into account. Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, we don't take a students earned income into consideration when assessing the funding they are entitled to receive. If you are married it would be your husband's income that is taken into account. Thanks, Karen

Ok thank you for your help 👍
Original post by AK2023
Ok thank you for your help 👍

you're welcome! If there is anything else we can help with in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending