The Student Room Group

When did you realise that a friendship was over?

I'll start;

I was always the one that made plans with my friend group - we have all been friends for as long as I could remember. Though, I felt like the odd one out in the group when all my friends ended up dating each other. They ended up always going on outings as couples, which I never thought anything of as I would see them at parties/events. However, I really started to notice that they would go on outings all together - doing things and going to places I wanted to go do with them. I would always see their posts on social media hanging out with each other, and the more and more they all hung out - I ultimately realised I was not their friend anymore.

I always wondered why they never invited me - did they just not want a single friend there while they were all couples?

What if I had just went out with my friend when they asked me out? - Would we still be together? Would I still be part of that group?

I never felt so alone than when I realised I no longer had them... had anyone to call a friend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for reading my post. Please feel free share any stories you may have.
I'd like to start by apologizing, I've had that same thing happen to me and I know it can be very hard. I hope things get easier.

(TW) A week ago, one of my closest friends started asking very weird and odd questions. Such as asking me to share my trauma with them and they would try to push me to even after I had said no many times. Before that they would also ask me other inappropriate questions such as if I 'play' with myself, I said no, and that I'm aro/ace, and then they ghosted me for a month then started talking to me again just to take nudes of themself in my bathroom.
They have also asked me if they could draw on my self-harm scars, and they would always make weird jokes about sex, self-harm, suicide, anxiety, and eating disorders. I finally realized that I didn't want to be friends with them, and I told them that, now we are no longer speaking. I always knew that our friendship wouldn't last, but it still hurt to have someone that close, do things like that. Even when they have knowledge of my issues.
I never wanted them to spread rumors about me, because they are the type of person to do so, but I had to end it at some point.

sorry if this is a lot, kinda had to get it out :unsure:
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending