The Student Room Group

Change of Circumstance / error on application

I applied for student finance incorrectly last year, I'm a second year undergraduate, and have only just realised. I am 30 years old and live with my Mum and brother, I put down my brother's earnings as household income even though he does not support me in any way, neither does my mum, and I pay rent. I didn't realise I should be counted as an independent assessment.
I only work part-time as I don't have time to do anything else with my course. Meaning I have not received as much as I could have done, and m struggling financially.

Is there a way I can change my application for this year to reflect my actual income, which is significantly less, and possibly be able to get more maintenance loan in my next payment? or even an additional payment?

I've found a change of circumstance forms for part-time students but not full-time student.

B
Original post by KMSyog
I applied for student finance incorrectly last year, I'm a second year undergraduate, and have only just realised. I am 30 years old and live with my Mum and brother, I put down my brother's earnings as household income even though he does not support me in any way, neither does my mum, and I pay rent. I didn't realise I should be counted as an independent assessment.
I only work part-time as I don't have time to do anything else with my course. Meaning I have not received as much as I could have done, and m struggling financially.

Is there a way I can change my application for this year to reflect my actual income, which is significantly less, and possibly be able to get more maintenance loan in my next payment? or even an additional payment?

I've found a change of circumstance forms for part-time students but not full-time student.

B

Hi there,

We do not use a students earned income in the assessment, it would just be a household income of 0.00 if you do not live with a partner. You would be best uploading a cover letter to your account to advise that your brother was incorrectly supporting your application as if he were your partner, so that the assessors can assess you as an independent student.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOMx_EG5JWk

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending