The Student Room Group

Can I apply for tuition fee loan and maintenance loan with pre-settlement status?

Hello,
I hope someone can answer a few questions and help me.

I have just received an offer to study MSc Dietetics pre-registration course in London, starting in September 2023. The course will last two years.

I am an EU national, who moved to the UK in 2019. I have been working ever since. I have all my P60s from the last 3 years, work contracts etc. I normally live in the UK, and I currently have pre-settlement status.

I have been getting Tuition Fee Loan from SFE for my bachelor's degree in the UK (graduating next month). I was not eligible for a maintenance loan 4 years ago when I applied to SFE.

My new course starts in september 2023. I know if this is postgraduate ACH pre-registration course I can apply again for Tuition Fee Loan with SFE, as this would be my first degree. Can I also apply for a Maintenance Loan this time?

Some people have written something about applying as a 'migrant worker'. Is this something I could do myself in my current situation?

What form do I have to use to apply for Tuition Fee Loan? Is it the PN1 form? Is it the same form for a maintenance loan (in case I can apply)? Do I apply just once, or do I need two separate forms?
Are there any documents I have to prepare to apply again this year with SFE?

Thank you!
Original post by caterpillar999
Hello,
I hope someone can answer a few questions and help me.

I have just received an offer to study MSc Dietetics pre-registration course in London, starting in September 2023. The course will last two years.

I am an EU national, who moved to the UK in 2019. I have been working ever since. I have all my P60s from the last 3 years, work contracts etc. I normally live in the UK, and I currently have pre-settlement status.

I have been getting Tuition Fee Loan from SFE for my bachelor's degree in the UK (graduating next month). I was not eligible for a maintenance loan 4 years ago when I applied to SFE.

My new course starts in september 2023. I know if this is postgraduate ACH pre-registration course I can apply again for Tuition Fee Loan with SFE, as this would be my first degree. Can I also apply for a Maintenance Loan this time?

Some people have written something about applying as a 'migrant worker'. Is this something I could do myself in my current situation?

What form do I have to use to apply for Tuition Fee Loan? Is it the PN1 form? Is it the same form for a maintenance loan (in case I can apply)? Do I apply just once, or do I need two separate forms?
Are there any documents I have to prepare to apply again this year with SFE?

Thank you!

Hi there,

You may be eligible to apply as a Migrant Worker, if you are continually working throughout the duration of your studies at a level you are financially supporting yourself. You would need to post a paper PN1 form to the below address.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/1137617/sfe_pn1_form_2324_o.pdf

EU Migrant Worker Team
Student Finance England
PO Box 89
Darlington
DL1 9AZ

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending