The Student Room Group

My hand turns a strange colour throughout the day (with pic) have you had this?

My hand and arm have started to go a mottled colour, this occurs on and off when I am at work. My left hand/arm has also started to ache/cramp a bit when it comes on

I have had anxiety recently and every time I have gone to the gp about other symptoms (such as daily acid reflux which for some reason has started to occur) I feel I have been dismissed. I get told that I am overthinking, that it is just anxiety (one suggested anxiety medication.

However when I am getting strange symptoms like this I cannot help it
Looks eczema-like to me and i’m no expert.

Maybe see a different doc for a second opinion. Or go into walkin centre or something. No one on tsr can give you a diagnosis unless they are a doctor.
Sorry I just realised I made a thread about this a few days ago, totally forgot
Original post by boulderingislife
Looks eczema-like to me and i’m no expert.

Maybe see a different doc for a second opinion. Or go into walkin centre or something. No one on tsr can give you a diagnosis unless they are a doctor.

It comes and goes though (usually with cooler environments) but not always. It will last 5 mins alongside cramping of my hand before dissapearing (though the cramping usually persists for longer). I worry that I have something going on (with the reflux issue as well) but I have been to the gp so many times to be told I am overthinking yet this is another new symptom.
Original post by Awaitingquavers
It comes and goes though (usually with cooler environments) but not always. It will last 5 mins alongside cramping of my hand before dissapearing (though the cramping usually persists for longer). I worry that I have something going on (with the reflux issue as well) but I have been to the gp so many times to be told I am overthinking yet this is another new symptom.

No idea what it could be. Have you tried going to a walk in centre? Or A&E?
Original post by boulderingislife
No idea what it could be. Have you tried going to a walk in centre? Or A&E?

No I’ve sought medical advice a lot this year (couldn’t eat/had tight chest at times due to reflux) and as I have a diagnosis of anxiety all I usually get back is that it’s anxiety or that I am over thinking. The more I go the more I feel I will just be labelled as anxious. I paid private to have my reflux investigated it turns out the issue was my esophagus is not co ordinating properly. Now this issue with my hands has started.
Reply 6
This is not the place to discuss personal health matters. Please see a doctor if it's concerning you.
Original post by Kibser
This is not the place to discuss personal health matters. Please see a doctor if it's concerning you.

It is though - there are literal forums for health/ mental health etc...
Original post by Awaitingquavers
My hand and arm have started to go a mottled colour, this occurs on and off when I am at work. My left hand/arm has also started to ache/cramp a bit when it comes on

I have had anxiety recently and every time I have gone to the gp about other symptoms (such as daily acid reflux which for some reason has started to occur) I feel I have been dismissed. I get told that I am overthinking, that it is just anxiety (one suggested anxiety medication.

However when I am getting strange symptoms like this I cannot help it

Hi there,

It's against TSR rules to give medical advice on here, so your best port of call is to seek professional medical attention from someone who can actually examine you and give an unbiased diagnosis. You've mentioned that this is something that you feel has been dismissed when going to the GP about other symptoms - perhaps go to the GP specifically for this only and show them these photos and when exactly they occur, especially that cramping occurs, why you're concerned and how you would like them to help you, as well as anything that makes it worse or better.

Hope you get this sorted soon :hugs:
I have something similar to the OP, is it worth seeing a GP?
Original post by Anonymous
I have something similar to the OP, is it worth seeing a GP?

Yes, theres no medicine for regret. Always better to be safe than sorry.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes, theres no medicine for regret. Always better to be safe than sorry.

but I feel completely fine and it does not seem to cause any pain whatsoever
I know it’s easier said than done but try to relax, I’ve had heart palpitations multiple times a day for 3 years and have been to the doctors multiple times to get the same response you did, that it’s anxiety. But I’ve been forcing myself to believe it’s only anxiety and nothings wrong and now I’ve had like 3 in the last week. And if it’s helpful, my hands go like that too, I don’t think it’s anxiety though I think it’s to do with the blood circulation in cold environments. Trust your gut if you actually think something is wrong but Sometimes anxiety can overrule how severe your perception is. I hope everything is okay! X

Quick Reply

Latest