The Student Room Group

Help! I've got a weird crush

I've got a crush on teachers. And its weird, I agree. What shall I do?
People talk about me in school (I hear rumours). And omg. I need some advice. How do I stop having crushes. Also I'm struggling to get a job- does appearance matter (should I wear make-up and have my hair done?)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I've got a crush on teachers. And its weird, I agree. What shall I do?
People talk about me in school (I hear rumours). And omg. I need some advice. How do I stop having crushes. Also I'm struggling to get a job- does appearance matter (should I wear make-up and have my hair done?)

Honey, I am in the same predicament with one of my teachers. Just remember itś normal to be attracted to others. As long you as don't pursue this relationship you'll be ok.
how old are you? If ur trying to get a job...
Original post by burnsofiercely
how old are you? If ur trying to get a job...

Honey, I am in the same predicament with one of my teachers. Just remember itś normal to be attracted to others. As long you as don't pursue this relationship you'll be ok.

ty!
i hate this phase of my life lol
ty!
i hate this phase of my life lol

Of course. I don't love it either. My teacher constantly catches me staring and I just laugh it off. Enjoy life YOLO!
Of course. I don't love it either. My teacher constantly catches me staring and I just laugh it off. Enjoy life YOLO!

haha lol
for real YOLO
haha lol
for real YOLO

I'll give you a good laugh. I saw her in Target not too long ago and I hid behind a clothing rack and she saw me hiding...
I'll give you a good laugh. I saw her in Target not too long ago and I hid behind a clothing rack and she saw me hiding...

omg><
lol, at least that is a good story to tell
I just end up staring blankly at my crush lol.

Spoiler

omg><
lol, at least that is a good story to tell
I just end up staring blankly at my crush lol.

Spoiler

Ehmagawd they don't teach you?! Ok ok fair enough I used to like a teahcer who didn't even know me lol...Wanna know a secret that'll make you feel better?
Also I'm struggling to get a job- does appearance matter (should I wear make-up and have my hair done?)

Appearance is part of it; you need to dress appropriately, hair and nails clean and neat, subtle make-up is fine. However, you won't get a job unless you present yourself well on your CV/application form and at interview. At 16 you're not expected to have much experience, but write up what you do have to show you are reliable, organised, committed etc.
Ehmagawd they don't teach you?! Ok ok fair enough I used to like a teahcer who didn't even know me lol...Wanna know a secret that'll make you feel better?

Yep lol. His staff room is directly opposite my tutorial room. his laptop faces the wall lol.
haha lol
yes sure.
Original post by Surnia
Appearance is part of it; you need to dress appropriately, hair and nails clean and neat, subtle make-up is fine. However, you won't get a job unless you present yourself well on your CV/application form and at interview. At 16 you're not expected to have much experience, but write up what you do have to show you are reliable, organised, committed etc.

thank you, that is so true yes.
Yep lol. His staff room is directly opposite my tutorial room. his laptop faces the wall lol.
haha lol
yes sure.

I like my therapist lol
I like my therapist lol

loll
Does you therapist know?

Spoiler

Did you talk about your crush on your teacher?
loll
Does you therapist know?

Spoiler

Did you talk about your crush on your teacher?

We do talk about my teacher crush...I don't think he knows. He showed up at my pageant yesterday lol I was life holy
We do talk about my teacher crush...I don't think he knows. He showed up at my pageant yesterday lol I was life holy

Ah okay. I guess you hide it well.
pageant? Like a beauty pageant?
lolll
Ah okay. I guess you hide it well.
pageant? Like a beauty pageant?
lolll

Yes. I do pageants. He was there supporting his niece.
Yo, relax. You're overthinking things.

Sure it's weird but you'll move on and start crushing on people your own age. As for the rumours? You can't control what other people say about you. What you can control is what you say to those around you. The only way those rumours have come about is because you said something. Nothing you can do about it now tho so you just gotta accept the situation and carry on.

Yes appearance matters if you're attending job interviews and the like. No employer is gonna hire someone that looks like a bum so you gotta make yourself look presentable. I'm not saying you gotta doll yourself up, but at the very least make sure you're looking somewhat decent and professional.
Original post by ICEcold_Stoic
Yo, relax. You're overthinking things.

Sure it's weird but you'll move on and start crushing on people your own age. As for the rumours? You can't control what other people say about you. What you can control is what you say to those around you. The only way those rumours have come about is because you said something. Nothing you can do about it now tho so you just gotta accept the situation and carry on.

Yes appearance matters if you're attending job interviews and the like. No employer is gonna hire someone that looks like a bum so you gotta make yourself look presentable. I'm not saying you gotta doll yourself up, but at the very least make sure you're looking somewhat decent and professional.

you were blunt, yet truthful. I should be careful about what I say to those around me.
And I need to look more presentable tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending