The Student Room Group

I like a girl in my gym and need advice

We saw each other various times, she probably knows me by sight (so do i) but we never really talked.

Last friday, while i was working in a night club (i’m a waiter in a night club) i saw her 2 times. We rapidly looked in the eyes but i couldn’t talk to her because the night club saw pretty crowded and i was in a hurry.

When i got back home, that night, i told myself “I definitely have to talk to her”.

Today, i met her on the stairs of our gym. I don’t know why, but i felt petrified when i saw her. Something like “not now, pls”… and i couldn’t talk to her. I really regret having missed this opportunity. How can i approach her? Thanks :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi I noticed you don't have any replies! I am a girl and I think I know how to help you..
First you have to walk up to her, you can't talk to her without walking up to her. Then casually say " Hey (h/n) I noticed you were at the nightclub the other night and I thought maybe we could talk" or "Hey (h/n), I've been meaning to talk to you!" First try talking to her about your classes together. Then slowly build up a friendship with her. Over time she'll get to know you and you guys might have a chance at dating. If you feel petrified by her being there ignore your brain fro a minute. take three deep breaths, then start a conversation so the awkwardness goes away :smile:
I really hope that helps!
also when you go to talk to her DONT BACK OUT OF IT :smile::smile::smile:
with love,
V0ID
(P.S I have no idea why i wrote this like a letter, and good luck)
Il give you some good advice do yourself a favour and dont approach her in the gym
Original post by V0ID
Hi I noticed you don't have any replies! I am a girl and I think I know how to help you..
First you have to walk up to her, you can't talk to her without walking up to her. Then casually say " Hey (h/n) I noticed you were at the nightclub the other night and I thought maybe we could talk" or "Hey (h/n), I've been meaning to talk to you!" First try talking to her about your classes together. Then slowly build up a friendship with her. Over time she'll get to know you and you guys might have a chance at dating. If you feel petrified by her being there ignore your brain fro a minute. take three deep breaths, then start a conversation so the awkwardness goes away :smile:
I really hope that helps!
also when you go to talk to her DONT BACK OUT OF IT :smile::smile::smile:
with love,
V0ID
(P.S I have no idea why i wrote this like a letter, and good luck)

i was thinking about something like:

-walk to her

-hi! You’ve got a familiar face… have you been at “(the nightclub i work in)”?

and then start from there.

Thanks for your advice!
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
i was thinking about something like:

-walk to her

-hi! You’ve got a familiar face… have you been at “(the nightclub i work in)”?

and then start from there.

Thanks for your advice!

That would actually be perfect! Good luck!
Original post by username001345
Il give you some good advice do yourself a favour and dont approach her in the gym

where should i approach her? Following her to her house😅?

No way i won’t try approaching her at the gym, wtf. We already saw each other various times not only in the gym, and i’m not trying to date her anyway. I just want to get to know her.
bro not the time to focus on girls, u go gym to workout.
c'mon focus
where should i approach her? Following her to her house😅?

No way i won’t try approaching her at the gym, wtf. We already saw each other various times not only in the gym, and i’m not trying to date her anyway. I just want to get to know her.

dont approach her in the gym, next time you see her out, say hi
Original post by chemgod918
bro not the time to focus on girls, u go gym to workout.
c'mon focus

i go to gym in order to workout, but if i’ve seen the same person various times, and not just in the gym, i don’t get why it would be a bad thing to approach her. It’s not like i’ll approach her taking my pants off… i simply want to know her, and see if things can turn into a friendship or maybe even something else
Reply 9
... It’s not like i’ll approach her taking my pants off…

I really hope you don't. I hope anyone with common sense wouldn't do that. lol :biggrin: Anyways I should probably stop replying on this thread
Original post by V0ID
I really hope you don't. I hope anyone with common sense wouldn't do that. lol :biggrin: Anyways I should probably stop replying on this thread

i don’t know… people act as if approaching a girl at the gym is illegal… “don’t do that” “never do that”… why?
Reply 11
i don’t know… people act as if approaching a girl at the gym is illegal… “don’t do that” “never do that”… why?

Just walk up to her! Just don't be creepy ok? Make a normal conversation, get her number! Just do it! like nike says
Lmaooo all the gym bros advising against approaching her in the gym. Honestly, I don't know. I wouldn't want to be approached whilst I am sweaty and fighting my DemOns. Try following her home and hiding under her bed. Hope this helps. :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Serene Dreams
Try following her home and hiding under her bed. Hope this helps. :smile:

LMAOOOOOO XD
Don't do this unless you want a restraining order!!
But thats kinda funny.
Original post by V0ID
LMAOOOOOO XD
Don't do this unless you want a restraining order!!
But thats kinda funny.

who said i’m looking for a long term relationship and not for a restraining order😂?
Reply 15
who said i’m looking for a long term relationship and not for a restraining order😂?

Idk But I guess I can help you get a restraining order :u: I seem to be good at that XD lmaooooo
Original post by V0ID
Idk But I guess I can help you get a restraining order :u: I seem to be good at that XD lmaooooo

well it seems that if you have a crush on a guy/girl at the gym, getting a restraining order is the only way to get to know him/her😂
Reply 17
well it seems that if you have a crush on a guy/girl at the gym, getting a restraining order is the only way to get to know him/her😂

FACTS maybe thats how i should get to know my track crush lol
. It’s not like i’ll approach her taking my pants off…

well you could and maybe she'll say 'wanna come back to mine for some cardio'?

Spoiler

well you could and maybe she'll say 'wanna come back to mine for some cardio'?

Spoiler

“Just be normal and you’ll be fine”

*Proceeds to walk naked to her and ask her to do some cardio at the gym’s bathroom

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending