The Student Room Group

Do uni use year 12 college mock grades?

When applying to uni next year will they use my current progression exam mock year 12 grades or will they use my year 13 December mock grades for the uni application ??
Original post by escapethematrix
When applying to uni next year will they use my current progression exam mock year 12 grades or will they use my year 13 December mock grades for the uni application ??

The universities don't choose what grades are used.

When you submit your application (via UCAS) you list the qualifications you are studying for, but you specify a grade of "pending". The application is them passed to your school/college who are asked to predict what grade you will likely achieve for each.

How this prediction is reached will vary by school/college. They could use either of the mocks you've just mentioned, or they could use a blend of the two. You will need to ask your school/college what they do.
Depends on your school. Best to ask them. In some schools there is a mock exam at the end of year 12 and these grades are used to predict your grades. In other schools there is an exam at the start of year 13 and these grades are used as predicted grades for UCAS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending