The Student Room Group

Second Undergraduate Degree, Eligibility for Tuition/Maintenance Loan

Hi,

I'm considering applying for a second undergraduate degree, likely entry being 2025 or 2026. My undergraduate degree was a full-time Law LLB course. I received tuition and maintenance loans over the full 3 years, completed the degree, and received a qualification. The courses I am considering and their respective universities are as set out below:

1. Data Science BSc - UCL;
2. Computer Science BSc - UCL;
3. Data Science BSc - University of Sheffield;
4. Data Science Bsc - University of Essex; and
5. Computer Science MEng, BSc (Integrated Masters) - University of Leeds.

Would I be eligible for any tuition and/or maintenance loans? I would like to study full-time ideally, but please do let me know if studying part-time would improve my eligibility.

Also, is there a full list of current exception courses for both full-time and part-time study? If so, would it be possible to provide this list?

Thanks,
Christi
None of those are exempt courses for full time study.

They’re all likely to be exempt from ELQ rules for part time study.
Original post by Christi9
Hi,

I'm considering applying for a second undergraduate degree, likely entry being 2025 or 2026. My undergraduate degree was a full-time Law LLB course. I received tuition and maintenance loans over the full 3 years, completed the degree, and received a qualification. The courses I am considering and their respective universities are as set out below:

1. Data Science BSc - UCL;
2. Computer Science BSc - UCL;
3. Data Science BSc - University of Sheffield;
4. Data Science Bsc - University of Essex; and
5. Computer Science MEng, BSc (Integrated Masters) - University of Leeds.

Would I be eligible for any tuition and/or maintenance loans? I would like to study full-time ideally, but please do let me know if studying part-time would improve my eligibility.

Also, is there a full list of current exception courses for both full-time and part-time study? If so, would it be possible to provide this list?

Thanks,
Christi

Hi Christi, Our 25/26 and 26/27 guidelines won't launch until March 2025 and March 2026. You would need to get back in contact with us around this time to check what the guidelines for funding are for the year you will be attending your course. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending