The Student Room Group

Is he just scared and will he come back?

He said he's scared to get hurt again but wants to keep talking until he sorts his head out without meeting up anymore.

I've been dating a guy for around a month now, started off amazing, we text all day every day, very open and honest conversation and everything in between, had 3 dates all of which went really well, would've been more but we both have children and had holidays in between so it's been more of a scheduling issue.

This week he started to brush off any messages which were quite flirty, I asked him if he was okay and he said that he's just battling his head at the minute and that he would like to carry on talking until he has sorted through some things mentally but without arranging any more dates, said he feels worthless and that no one could like him and that he doesn't want to mess me around while he figures things out. I have reassured him how much I like him, but I know that words won't be enough as he was very hurt in the past. I wish he could give me the chance to show him he can trust me.

He does still text me every day throughout the day the same as before just without the flirtatious element. But it was only a week ago he was telling me that it feels too good to be true and I give him hope that something he once had could come back.

Is it likely that things could still progress with him? Or should I just accept this as an ending? I really really like him, we share the same values and interests we want the same things.

I'm feeling very torn that he says he doesn't want to mess me about but still wants to talk every day. And it's him initiating the messages so not me chasing as I had decided to give him the space he needs.

What should I do here? Is there anything I can do? I don't want to lose him and the great thing we had going on 😔
Give him some space to work out his issues. If you crowd him now he may just leave the relationship

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending