The Student Room Group

Additional evidence to prove eligibility

Hi, I have received an email asking me to provide further evidence to prove that I have been a resident of the UK for the last 3 years. However, I have already sent my Biometric Residence Permit to the SFE offices to prove that I am settled in the UK and they have sent it back to me by post. This has only updated the “prove your identity” section of my application and not the “prove your eligibility” section. I thought my BRP proves eligibility, as this was issued after I have proven I have been lawfully leaving in the UK for 5 years. I could provide my old Biometric Residence Permits, however I would have to send photocopies of them as it a required of the Home Office to send them back once they expire. So I was just wondering if it is okay for me to upload photocopies of these to my application or if there is something else I could send.
Original post by ReginaCB
Hi, I have received an email asking me to provide further evidence to prove that I have been a resident of the UK for the last 3 years. However, I have already sent my Biometric Residence Permit to the SFE offices to prove that I am settled in the UK and they have sent it back to me by post. This has only updated the “prove your identity” section of my application and not the “prove your eligibility” section. I thought my BRP proves eligibility, as this was issued after I have proven I have been lawfully leaving in the UK for 5 years. I could provide my old Biometric Residence Permits, however I would have to send photocopies of them as it a required of the Home Office to send them back once they expire. So I was just wondering if it is okay for me to upload photocopies of these to my application or if there is something else I could send.

Hi there, I would advise to contact us via Live Chat on your account and the team can check this for you. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending