The Student Room Group

Do I have to pass at least 3 modules (out of 6) to be eligible for repeating a year?

If you fail your referral opportunity you may be offered the option to repeat the failed modules. Repeating studies is not an automatic right, and this option will not be offered to all students. In most cases you must have passed either 50% of your level credits or achieved the level average i.e.:

Level 5 and 6 35%

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have 6 modules this year. Does this mean that I need to get at least 35% in all of my modules (all 6) to be eligible for repeating a year or does it mean I need to get the overall average of 35% of the ones I passed? As I know that I will be able to get an average of 35% from the ones I passed.
Reply 1
Isn't a pass considered 40%+?

But also, generally, the answer to this will depend on the university you're at
Original post by Anonymous
If you fail your referral opportunity you may be offered the option to repeat the failed modules. Repeating studies is not an automatic right, and this option will not be offered to all students. In most cases you must have passed either 50% of your level credits or achieved the level average i.e.:

Level 5 and 6 35%

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have 6 modules this year. Does this mean that I need to get at least 35% in all of my modules (all 6) to be eligible for repeating a year or does it mean I need to get the overall average of 35% of the ones I passed? As I know that I will be able to get an average of 35% from the ones I passed.

Hi there,
From what you have posted it sounds like you need to have passed 50% (3) of your modules (getting 40%), or getting an average of 35% across all 6 of your modules.
However I would recommend checking with your course coordinator if you are unsure. Each uni's policy is different and I may have got it wrong!

Best of luck with your modules,
Eloise (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)
Reply 3
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hi there,
From what you have posted it sounds like you need to have passed 50% (3) of your modules (getting 40%), or getting an average of 35% across all 6 of your modules.
However I would recommend checking with your course coordinator if you are unsure. Each uni's policy is different and I may have got it wrong!

Best of luck with your modules,
Eloise (Lancaster University Student Ambassador)

“getting an average of 35% across all 6 of your modules.“ do you mean getting an average of 35% IN every of these 6 modules, or an average of 35% across level 6?
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending