The Student Room Group

Do I have to pass at least 3 modules (out of 6) to be eligible for repeating a year?

It say's "If you fail your referral opportunity you may be offered the option to repeat the failed modules. Repeating studies is not an automatic right, and this option will not be offered to all students. In most cases you must have passed either 50% of your level credits or achieved the level average i.e.:

Level 5 and 6 35%"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if I have 6 modules this year, does this mean that I need to get at least 35% in all of my modules (all 6) to be eligible for repeating a year or does it mean I need to get the overall average of 35% of the ones I passed? As I know that I will be able to get an average of 35% from the ones I passed.
Original post by Hannah18262
It say's "If you fail your referral opportunity you may be offered the option to repeat the failed modules. Repeating studies is not an automatic right, and this option will not be offered to all students. In most cases you must have passed either 50% of your level credits or achieved the level average i.e.:

Level 5 and 6 35%"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if I have 6 modules this year, does this mean that I need to get at least 35% in all of my modules (all 6) to be eligible for repeating a year or does it mean I need to get the overall average of 35% of the ones I passed? As I know that I will be able to get an average of 35% from the ones I passed.

My reading of it is saying that you would be expected to have met one or the other of these two criteria:
1. Achieved the pass mark (40%) for at least three of those six modules (assuming they're worth an equal number of credits).
2. Achieved an average, across all modules in the level (not just the ones you passed), of at least 35%.

So you could (for example) get 25% in three of the modules and 45% in the other three, giving you a level average of 35% (assuming they're worth the same number of credits).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending