The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Is the university worth the money?

Hello, I am confused about where to apply. Either Notingham trent university or university of sheffield. I know uni of sheffield is top ranking, but it also costs alot. is the extra amount worth it? will it make my employability chances higher? pls lmk
Reply 1
Are you talking postgraduate
Most unis full time price is 9250
What are the extra costs ?
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
Hello, I am an international student. NTU for me is 17000 pounds while sheffield is 27500 pounds :smile:

Original post by Jess_Lomas
Are you talking postgraduate
Most unis full time price is 9250
What are the extra costs ?
Reply 3
Which course? For employability you really need to check in your own country/ countries where you have the right to work.
Hi @Jess_Lomas,

Hope you’re well! I think either universities will be credential to your degree/career however I do think the extra cost could be limiting your expenses whilst studying abroad. I’d recommend keeping your options open and find the right university for you whilst still being able to live and study comfortably. In my option, I don’t think the extra cost is necessary even though it’s a top university, what you achieve in your degree matters more! Demonstrating your passion in your career path will provide you more success more so than the university you choose to study at. Hope this comes as some inspiration to you.

All the best,
Ellie
Reply 5
Original post by kashishfatima
Hello, I am an international student. NTU for me is 17000 pounds while sheffield is 27500 pounds :smile:

Ah okay,
Thanks for explaining it
I didn't realise there was such a big difference for international students but I guess that's because of my ignorance
Short answer, yes
Original post by kashishfatima
Hello, I am confused about where to apply. Either Notingham trent university or university of sheffield. I know uni of sheffield is top ranking, but it also costs alot. is the extra amount worth it? will it make my employability chances higher? pls lmk

You should research where UK graduates are from in your home country and make a decision based on that. Your chances of a career int he UK are very small in any case, and definitely improved by goind to Sheffield over NTU. But it is which sells better at home that should be important to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending