The Student Room Group

Am I still able to change universities?

Last week there was a serious and scary incident with my family. I realised how toxic it actually is, I knew there was a little bit of toxicity maybe like 10% toxicity and, I felt like it was my fault so I tried doing everything I can to fix it.

The trouble is I realised just HOW toxic the family is and I need to go no contact, police got involved, I talked to them and they've agreed I need to go no contact.

I'm lucky as I live in my one bedroom flat that the council housed me in a few years ago, I spoke to the council to let them know I'm attending university, for some unknown reason, I'm allowed to keep it they said.

The issue is, I stupidly picked a university and told my whole family that it was our local university a 10/20 minute drive away depending on traffic, even though a lot of universities have great security, I no longer feel safe going to that university, no matter how great my local university's security is. I confirmed my choice, would I be able to change universities?
Reply 1
Original post by leedsstudent2001
Last week there was a serious and scary incident with my family. I realised how toxic it actually is, I knew there was a little bit of toxicity maybe like 10% toxicity and, I felt like it was my fault so I tried doing everything I can to fix it.

The trouble is I realised just HOW toxic the family is and I need to go no contact, police got involved, I talked to them and they've agreed I need to go no contact.

I'm lucky as I live in my one bedroom flat that the council housed me in a few years ago, I spoke to the council to let them know I'm attending university, for some unknown reason, I'm allowed to keep it they said.

The issue is, I stupidly picked a university and told my whole family that it was our local university a 10/20 minute drive away depending on traffic, even though a lot of universities have great security, I no longer feel safe going to that university, no matter how great my local university's security is. I confirmed my choice, would I be able to change universities?

It is possible to change where you do your degree but I'm not sure of the reasons why a person would generally do so. It is possible but you may need an alternate reason as well to do so?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending