The Student Room Group

Student Finance

So i have applied for student finance, i have also applied for the Maintenance Loan , for this since i am living at home, i choses to just pick the minimum loan.Of around £3,698 . I know i am able to get much more, but i didn't have time to get all my details from my parents, since the deadline is soon.So i wanted to ask if i dont think this is enough after my first year im i able to apply for the higher maintenance loan the following year as i know i can get much more than £3,698. As the only reason i picked the the basic mimimum loan,as i dont think ill need that much currenty,as i am living at home and i did not want to take out more than i need.
( Wanting to do an engineering cource)
Original post by Mahfuj7
So i have applied for student finance, i have also applied for the Maintenance Loan , for this since i am living at home, i choses to just pick the minimum loan.Of around £3,698 . I know i am able to get much more, but i didn't have time to get all my details from my parents, since the deadline is soon.So i wanted to ask if i dont think this is enough after my first year im i able to apply for the higher maintenance loan the following year as i know i can get much more than £3,698. As the only reason i picked the the basic mimimum loan,as i dont think ill need that much currenty,as i am living at home and i did not want to take out more than i need.
( Wanting to do an engineering cource)

Hi there, If you are looking to apply for the higher amount of funding available to you for the next year of your course you would indicate this on your application when you reapply for your course. Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, If you are looking to apply for the higher amount of funding available to you for the next year of your course you would indicate this on your application when you reapply for your course. Thanks, Karen

Would be wise to to apply for higher funding even if you dont think you will need it.
Original post by Mahfuj7
Would be wise to to apply for higher funding even if you dont think you will need it.

That isn't something we can advise on. It is entirely the students decision as to how much funding they wish to apply for. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending