The Student Room Group

student finance

i’ve received my student finance and i’ve received the maximum amount of 9k after they assessed my household income but it’s quite a lot of money that’ll eventually have to repay back and i was wondering if there was any way i could reduce it ? also do we apply for student finance every year so then i can apply for less next year or would that not work ?
Original post by xoul.444
i’ve received my student finance and i’ve received the maximum amount of 9k after they assessed my household income but it’s quite a lot of money that’ll eventually have to repay back and i was wondering if there was any way i could reduce it ? also do we apply for student finance every year so then i can apply for less next year or would that not work ?

Why don't you think you'll need it? Student accommodation can cost anywhere bewteen £5,000 to £8,000 per year, and then you have all your food, transport, social costs, etc. on top.
Original post by xoul.444

Hi there,

You can request less Maintenance Loan on your account, and you can also change this again later if you need to.

Please see this video here for how to change your application: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs3vH6gHXFE

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending