The Student Room Group

How do I get my flight grant?

Hi,

I am about 5 weeks from when I am supposed to be flying out to Hong Kong to start my year abroad. It was originally indicated to me that I would receive some sort of form to fill out regarding getting a grant for flight expenses when my student finance statement came through, but that came through about a week and a half ago and I haven't received or heard anything about the grant. I'm also really struggling to understand how it works despite reading as much as I could find on it - Do I receive the funds prior to buying the flights or is it REimbursed, because the flights are generally quite expensive. I'm also struggling to find a clear indication of what kind of flight I can be given the grant for - obviously I won't be booking first class and it will be economy, but would I need to go so cheap that I'd have to go through multiple stopovers or can I go for a direct?
Additionally, is would this grant be connected to a grant to cover medical insurance?

Thanks
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by hkbuexchange
Hi,

I am about 5 weeks from when I am supposed to be flying out to Hong Kong to start my year abroad. It was originally indicated to me that I would receive some sort of form to fill out regarding getting a grant for flight expenses when my student finance statement came through, but that came through about a week and a half ago and I haven't received or heard anything about the grant. I'm also really struggling to understand how it works despite reading as much as I could find on it - Do I receive the funds prior to buying the flights or is it REimbursed, because the flights are generally quite expensive. I'm also struggling to find a clear indication of what kind of flight I can be given the grant for - obviously I won't be booking first class and it will be economy, but would I need to go so cheap that I'd have to go through multiple stopovers or can I go for a direct?
Additionally, is would this grant be connected to a grant to cover medical insurance?

Thanks

Hi there, So we can check that you have been made eligible for the Travel Grant funding we would need to access your account. The travel grant if awarded is for claims after flights have been purchased. Please contact us via the live chat option in your online account or by calling us on 0300 100 0607. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending