The Student Room Group

Additional financial support

Hello,

I am writing to ask whether there will be additional support for me available. I am currently a student with a tuition fee loan in London studying an undergraduate course. In the first month of 2024, it will be 3 years since I moved to the UK (I also have a pre-settled status). Because my parents are unable to support me financially and the cost of living is very expensive in London, I want to ask, whether there will be another option available for me to help me with covering my living expenses.
Thank you.

Regards,

Dominik
Original post by dominikdangel
Hello,

I am writing to ask whether there will be additional support for me available. I am currently a student with a tuition fee loan in London studying an undergraduate course. In the first month of 2024, it will be 3 years since I moved to the UK (I also have a pre-settled status). Because my parents are unable to support me financially and the cost of living is very expensive in London, I want to ask, whether there will be another option available for me to help me with covering my living expenses.
Thank you.

Regards,

Dominik

Hi Dominik, Are you going to be working during your study? Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi Dominik, Are you going to be working during your study? Thanks, Angela

Hello Angela,

Yes, I am planning to work too. But I have heard you have to be making enough to cover your own expensive in order to get maintenance loan, which is impossible in London considering that I am limited on working hours because I am studying too.
Thanks,

Dominik
Original post by dominikdangel
Hello Angela,

Yes, I am planning to work too. But I have heard you have to be making enough to cover your own expensive in order to get maintenance loan, which is impossible in London considering that I am limited on working hours because I am studying too.
Thanks,

Dominik

Hi Dominik, Yes, you have to be working at an acceptable level to be considered as a Migrant Worker to be assessed for the Maintenance Loan funding if you do not hold Settled Status. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending