The Student Room Group

student finance

Hello, I am married and I have been living in Uk for 2 years. My partner has been living here for more than 6 years. I wanted to apply for student loan (only the tuition fee loan ) but they refused it because I should have lived here for at least 3 years in order to be eligible to get one. I have the right to appeal this decision. What should I do? Do I have to send them my husband's income details or just his share code and personal details because I don't want a maintenance loan.
Original post by shajereka
Hello, I am married and I have been living in Uk for 2 years. My partner has been living here for more than 6 years. I wanted to apply for student loan (only the tuition fee loan ) but they refused it because I should have lived here for at least 3 years in order to be eligible to get one. I have the right to appeal this decision. What should I do? Do I have to send them my husband's income details or just his share code and personal details because I don't want a maintenance loan.

Hi there,

If you are just applying for the Tuition Fee Loan then, you would be applying on the EUN1 form however, that would be if you were the spouse of a UK national. Can you confirm your partners status in the UK and nationality?

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

If you are just applying for the Tuition Fee Loan then, you would be applying on the EUN1 form however, that would be if you were the spouse of a UK national. Can you confirm your partners status in the UK and nationality?

Thanks, Clare

Hi, he is greek and has a pre-settle status in UK.
Hi, he is greek and has a pre-settle status in UK.

Hi there, where were you living prior to the UK? Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi there, where were you living prior to the UK? Thanks, Jason

Hi, I was living in Albania, which isn’t part of the EU
Hi, I was living in Albania, which isn’t part of the EU

Hi there,

It's correct that you wouldn't be eligible based on the details you have provided. if you believe this is incorrect, you can then appeal the decision and they can review this. You can find details on appeals here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/appeals-procedure

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending