The Student Room Group

Student finance

Hi, my student finance simply is not going to be enough I’ve taken every measure possible over the last 2 years sold majority of the things I no longer use or need, work part time too, as far as means testing goes it does not account for those who’s parents do not help out financially at all. If there is anything at all you can recommend then please do as I’m now trying to find any shred of hope to not drop out in my final year
Original post by 17starr
Hi, my student finance simply is not going to be enough I’ve taken every measure possible over the last 2 years sold majority of the things I no longer use or need, work part time too, as far as means testing goes it does not account for those who’s parents do not help out financially at all. If there is anything at all you can recommend then please do as I’m now trying to find any shred of hope to not drop out in my final year

Hi 7starr,

If you're under 25 and not self supported for 3 years before the start of your course, then your application would be correct to be assessed using the household income of your parents. We would suggest speaking to the university money adviser's to see if they know of any bursaries or alternative funding options to help you.

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi 7starr,

If you're under 25 and not self supported for 3 years before the start of your course, then your application would be correct to be assessed using the household income of your parents. We would suggest speaking to the university money adviser's to see if they know of any bursaries or alternative funding options to help you.

Thanks,
Claire

Again - these are means tested. I am eligible for nothing else.
Original post by 17starr
Again - these are means tested. I am eligible for nothing else.

Hi 17Starr,

If you have been awarded the maximum available to you based on the household income, we wouldn't be able to offer any additional support unfortunately, unless the household income has dropped by 15% or more since the tax year 21/22.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending