The Student Room Group

Student finance issue

My mum lives abroad and I have always gotten the maximum student loan. She now has started working in Gibraltar and living in spain and whilst her salary before tax is above 25k, tax works differently there and she gets taxed so much it is the equivalent of what someone on 24k earns here in the UK. Student finance only seem to take into consideration salary before tax, however is there any way round this as tax works differently in different countries?
Original post by hstewa
My mum lives abroad and I have always gotten the maximum student loan. She now has started working in Gibraltar and living in spain and whilst her salary before tax is above 25k, tax works differently there and she gets taxed so much it is the equivalent of what someone on 24k earns here in the UK. Student finance only seem to take into consideration salary before tax, however is there any way round this as tax works differently in different countries?

Hi there, We always require gross income (prior to any deductions) when earning in the UK or abroad. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending