The Student Room Group

Applying to university

Hi, I’ve just started my A levels and am in year 12. I did well on my GCSEs (998888775) and am hoping to go to a Russell Group university however I don’t currently do any extracurriculars apart from dance (which doesn’t relate to my degree plans) and am wondering how important this is? If it is make or break, are there any specific recommendations- I’m studying English lit, history and classics and most likely want to do English lit at university. Thanks!
Reply 1
For Lit you need to read / study outside your A level syllabus - and get to grips with Literary Criticism.
Original post by crh14
Hi, I’ve just started my A levels and am in year 12. I did well on my GCSEs (998888775) and am hoping to go to a Russell Group university however I don’t currently do any extracurriculars apart from dance (which doesn’t relate to my degree plans) and am wondering how important this is? If it is make or break, are there any specific recommendations- I’m studying English lit, history and classics and most likely want to do English lit at university. Thanks!

English is an academic degree. You don’t need lots of hobbies.

Do you have any theatre trips or particular adaptations of books you have read/studied that you can write about? Any podcasts or blogs about reading/literature that you enjoy? That’s the only super curriculars aside from reading beyond your curriculum that are going to be relevant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending