The Student Room Group

Initial payment prior to evidence being reviewed

Hi,

On the applying late section of the student loans guidance, step 3 states:

"We’ll assess you quickly without considering your household income so we can make sure you have some funding in place for when you start your course. We’ll send you a letter confirming your minimum entitlement. You can also check your online account for an update. You’ll get the rest of your money as soon as we process the household income details."

I'm fully registered enrolled on my course (PGCE Secondary Maths) and have already completed registration.

I submitted my application on 18th July but have not had any letters and the payments schedule for the current year is blank.

I feel like there is an issue with the application as when I log on under the Next Expected Update section it states 2 May 2024 to 7 May 2024. When I call up I have been advised to wait until the evidence is assessed. But why has the initial entitlement steps not been done?
Original post by mickey_white
Hi,

On the applying late section of the student loans guidance, step 3 states:

"We’ll assess you quickly without considering your household income so we can make sure you have some funding in place for when you start your course. We’ll send you a letter confirming your minimum entitlement. You can also check your online account for an update. You’ll get the rest of your money as soon as we process the household income details."

I'm fully registered enrolled on my course (PGCE Secondary Maths) and have already completed registration.

I submitted my application on 18th July but have not had any letters and the payments schedule for the current year is blank.

I feel like there is an issue with the application as when I log on under the Next Expected Update section it states 2 May 2024 to 7 May 2024. When I call up I have been advised to wait until the evidence is assessed. But why has the initial entitlement steps not been done?

Hi there,

I am sorry the incorrect timescale is showing on your account. Can you confirm when you last sent supporting documents/evidence to us? Do you have any child dependents on your application at all?

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

I am sorry the incorrect timescale is showing on your account. Can you confirm when you last sent supporting documents/evidence to us? Do you have any child dependents on your application at all?

Thanks, Clare

Hi,

I sent in all the evidence on 28/07/2023.

I do have a child dependent on the application although I will be ineligible for any additional support for childcare etc due to my wife's salary.

I have been asked for proof of child benefit and proof of birth certificate which I uploaded on the 28th.

Thank,

Mike
Original post by mickey_white
Hi,

I sent in all the evidence on 28/07/2023.

I do have a child dependent on the application although I will be ineligible for any additional support for childcare etc due to my wife's salary.

I have been asked for proof of child benefit and proof of birth certificate which I uploaded on the 28th.

Thank,

Mike

Hi Mike,

Thank you for confirming that for me. Our current timescales are approximately 26 working days, with subject to change depending on our current volumes. If this evidence was received on the 28th of July, you would expect an update around the 6th of September. Please allow time while monitoring your account/email around that date.

https://logon.slc.co.uk/cas/login

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending