The Student Room Group

Am I entitled to the full maintenance loan amount?

Hi,

After having some problems with SFE over my maintenance loan, I got approved today for a total of £8,400 but I was under the impression I would get the maximum £9,978.

The reason for this being I'm an older student (26) so it will not be based on a parents income and will be based off my income. My income is currently only benefits because I have a health condition which means I can't work properly and I get extra benefit because of this.

I'm still yet to give my evidence for this as I'm waiting for universal credit to give me the info for my evidence but after I submit this is it possible that my maintenance loan entitlement will change?

Thanks.
Original post by LaFoll
Hi,

After having some problems with SFE over my maintenance loan, I got approved today for a total of £8,400 but I was under the impression I would get the maximum £9,978.

The reason for this being I'm an older student (26) so it will not be based on a parents income and will be based off my income. My income is currently only benefits because I have a health condition which means I can't work properly and I get extra benefit because of this.

I'm still yet to give my evidence for this as I'm waiting for universal credit to give me the info for my evidence but after I submit this is it possible that my maintenance loan entitlement will change?

Thanks.

Hi there, are you living with your parents while you study? If so, you'll be assessed on the 'parental rate' even if you are over 25 as the funding is also based on where you are living during the academic year. If you are on any disability benefits we can look to see if you're entitled to a slightly higher loan if you send evidence of these. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Hi,

I went to submit evidence as I am living at home, and there was no option anywhere for me to add evidence regarding parents financial status. There was only option for me to add DSA and work capability evidence which I have done but nothing for parental rate.

Thanks
Original post by LaFoll
Hi,

I went to submit evidence as I am living at home, and there was no option anywhere for me to add evidence regarding parents financial status. There was only option for me to add DSA and work capability evidence which I have done but nothing for parental rate.

Thanks

Hi LaFoll,

You upload evdience under the evidence upload option This link shows you how here https://youtu.be/rOMx_EG5JWk
Anything you send include a covering letter with your name, customer reference number and short explanation why you're sending it.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending