The Student Room Group

Still no friends in my second year of uni

Hey, so I’m currently in my 2nd year of Univeristy and have only made one friend at uni in the first year. It gets quite lonely when she’s with her other friend or she travels home so majority of the time I’m just by my self . I I have social anxiety so it’s hard for me to speak to people but I have been trying. . I know eveyone is going to say join a society but the ones in my uni are really rubbish and don’t interest me. Eveyone is already in their friendship groups so a lof of them don’t bother. I rewllt joowd 2nd year would be different, first year was so lonely for me im hoping I find some good
People this year ( not just freinds that want to go clubbing) but genuine friends. Does anyone have any advice for me please 🥲
Original post by Prettyife
Hey, so I’m currently in my 2nd year of Univeristy and have only made one friend at uni in the first year. It gets quite lonely when she’s with her other friend or she travels home so majority of the time I’m just by my self . I I have social anxiety so it’s hard for me to speak to people but I have been trying. . I know eveyone is going to say join a society but the ones in my uni are really rubbish and don’t interest me. Eveyone is already in their friendship groups so a lof of them don’t bother. I rewllt joowd 2nd year would be different, first year was so lonely for me im hoping I find some good
People this year ( not just freinds that want to go clubbing) but genuine friends. Does anyone have any advice for me please 🥲

What uni are you at most unis have hundreds of societies and even if they dont interest you maybe try some out just to see. I made my friends at societies but im not really part of any. i just went to taster sessions to meet people! Maybe ask course mates if they have any notes or want some of your notes or ask the questions. Maybe look outside uni join clubs and things that aren't uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending