The Student Room Group

SFE application change of circumstances/question on how to?

Hello. I need some guidance on how to change my application for this year. My circumstances changed, i moved address and live on my own now.On my application i included my then partner at the time. I applied for a loan and maintenance loan in June which has been approved and I'm just waiting to get paid in September.
Could someone guide me on how to let SFE know about this? I cant really find it online. When i try to amend my applicant it only gives me option: live with parents or not with parents if that makes sense.
Id be really grateful for help :smile:
I did change my address but its mostly letting SFE know i live alone now.
Thank you :smile: !
Original post by Alinaa9
Hello. I need some guidance on how to change my application for this year. My circumstances changed, i moved address and live on my own now.On my application i included my then partner at the time. I applied for a loan and maintenance loan in June which has been approved and I'm just waiting to get paid in September.
Could someone guide me on how to let SFE know about this? I cant really find it online. When i try to amend my applicant it only gives me option: live with parents or not with parents if that makes sense.
Id be really grateful for help :smile:
I did change my address but its mostly letting SFE know i live alone now.
Thank you :smile: !

Hi there, Do you have evidence that you are now single/separated? Such as a Council Tax bill showing 25% discount? Thanks, Angela
Reply 2
Hi No not really, i don’t pay council tax as I’m full time student. I might get a letter from them soon to confirm that I don’t have to pay it if that make sense.
Am I correct in thinking my application for 2023/24 goes back a year when it comes to household income ? So either way my ex boyfriend will have to stay on my application? Thank you
Original post by Alinaa9
Hi No not really, i don’t pay council tax as I’m full time student. I might get a letter from them soon to confirm that I don’t have to pay it if that make sense.
Am I correct in thinking my application for 2023/24 goes back a year when it comes to household income ? So either way my ex boyfriend will have to stay on my application? Thank you

Hi there, The application would be assessed on your boyfriend income if he lives with you during the academic year. As you have advised he no longer lives with you we would not require his details. How old are you? Thanks, Angela
Reply 4
Hi I’m 30… I have already submitted application in June for 23/24 which has been accepted and I’m just waiting for payment in September.
I only moved out 3 days ago. Do I have to notify sfe about this and if yes how do i do it please ? I don’t really have any proof at the moment
I did change my address on my personal details
Original post by Alinaa9
Hi I’m 30… I have already submitted application in June for 23/24 which has been accepted and I’m just waiting for payment in September.
I only moved out 3 days ago. Do I have to notify sfe about this and if yes how do i do it please ? I don’t really have any proof at the moment
I did change my address on my personal details

Hi there, Yes, you do need to notify SFE so the income details of your partner can be removed. However to still assess you for the higher amount of funding evidence will be required of your now single status. Have you moved into a rented property for yourself where you have a tenancy agreement? Thanks, Angela
Reply 6
Hi yes I do have tenancy agreement which I can use as a proof thank you!
How do notify SFE about this please ? I couldn’t find it online
Original post by Alinaa9
Hi yes I do have tenancy agreement which I can use as a proof thank you!
How do notify SFE about this please ? I couldn’t find it online

Hi there, Perfect, you can upload the evidence along with a covering letter advising of your situation. Do you have any utility bills also in your name only? Thanks, Angela
Reply 8
Hi no utility bills yet unfortunately… where on the website would I upload them please?
Original post by Alinaa9
Hi no utility bills yet unfortunately… where on the website would I upload them please?

Hi Alinaa,

I have provided a link that shows you how to upload evidence to your account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqvT5gwUK-E

Thanks, Clare
Reply 10
Hi i just watched the video and sfe has not asked me to upload any evidence should i still do it? ... i'm a bit worried as it says it might delayed my application ? thank yoiu
Original post by Alinaa9
Hi i just watched the video and sfe has not asked me to upload any evidence should i still do it? ... i'm a bit worried as it says it might delayed my application ? thank yoiu

Hi there, Yes, still upload evidence with a letter advising of your change. Thanks, Angela
Reply 12
Ok thank you so much for your help ! :smile:
Original post by Alinaa9
Ok thank you so much for your help ! :smile:

Hi there, You are more than welcome. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending