The Student Room Group

Should I do an apprenticeship or a degree (university)

Hi, I am a L6 student and I am currently stuck on if I should do an apprenticeship or a degree.
I have been interested in architecture for a long time. I know architecture in university is a long degree (7 years) and I understand how it is split into part1 and 2 with years out to work but I wasn’t sure if doing an apprenticeship would be better in the future.
I hope someone who has done/is doing either one of an apprenticeship or a degree can reply and to let me know how the course has been.
Original post by sarahs07
Hi, I am a L6 student and I am currently stuck on if I should do an apprenticeship or a degree.
I have been interested in architecture for a long time. I know architecture in university is a long degree (7 years) and I understand how it is split into part1 and 2 with years out to work but I wasn’t sure if doing an apprenticeship would be better in the future.
I hope someone who has done/is doing either one of an apprenticeship or a degree can reply and to let me know how the course has been.

The reality is that for part 1, degree apprenticeships are hard to find and only two unis offer training. There are more options for part 2, so you could do a combination of a degree for part 1 and then apprenticeship for part 2. There is more info on the RIBA website:

https://www.architecture.com/education-cpd-and-careers/apprenticeships

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending